Time to move

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Time to move

Post by Flightmare »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
twomillenium wrote:That is why you use a good Realtor.
And that is an oxymoron. :mad5
In my experience, that's not true unless you just walk into a real estate office and ask for any agent.

You need to qualify an agent in the same manner as you would an attorney. If you do that, you will very likely have a very satisfactory buying or selling experience.

Don't ask me how I learned this or how many times I did it the wrong way before I got it figured out.
They create NO value. They profit off the transaction and are highly overcompensated. Most cannot count to twenty without taking off their shoes.
I dunno, I liked my broker when I bought my house. Then again, I call him "dad".
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
In my experience, that's not true unless you just walk into a real estate office and ask for any agent.

You need to qualify an agent in the same manner as you would an attorney. If you do that, you will very likely have a very satisfactory buying or selling experience.

Don't ask me how I learned this or how many times I did it the wrong way before I got it figured out.
They create NO value. They profit off the transaction and are highly overcompensated. Most cannot count to twenty without taking off their shoes.
If you're selling a home that is in a hot market where they're sold in a couple of days, often at above asking price, I would agree they add little value. However, in a competitive market, they make a very real difference in how long it takes to sell and even whether you sell at all.

For avoiding those who need their toes to count, see my post above. The million dollar plus a year sellers are no fools.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

If you're selling a home that is in a hot market where they're sold in a couple of days, often at above asking price, I would agree they add little value. However, in a competitive market, they make a very real difference in how long it takes to sell and even whether you sell at all.

For avoiding those who need their toes to count, see my post above. The million dollar plus a year sellers are no fools.
The realtor I have used in my last two moves was fantastic. She came out to the houses, assessed what minimally needed to be done in terms of repairs to get them ready to be put on the market to make it pop (things like new carpet and painting rather than bathroom/kitchen upgrades) provided staging, had an EXCELLENT photographer, listed well and walked us through all of the issues that we encountered (buyers on FHA with down payment assistance making a really aggressive offer etc.). On the buying front she KNEW the market and helped us negotiate a really good deal on the home we bought.

I've recommended her to several people and have heard stories from them about how she worked HARD for them regardless of what the commission was going to be.

In February, she sold $2.2M of homes, and in June it was something like $5.6M. She was worth every penny we paid her.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

The realtor I have used in my last two moves was fantastic. She came out to the houses, assessed what minimally needed to be done in terms of repairs to get them ready to be put on the market to make it pop (things like new carpet and painting rather than bathroom/kitchen upgrades) provided staging, had an EXCELLENT photographer, listed well and walked us through all of the issues that we encountered (buyers on FHA with down payment assistance making a really aggressive offer etc.). On the buying front she KNEW the market and helped us negotiate a really good deal on the home we bought.

I've recommended her to several people and have heard stories from them about how she worked HARD for them regardless of what the commission was going to be.

In February, she sold $2.2M of homes, and in June it was something like $5.6M. She was worth every penny we paid her.
Well, I think you still could have retained more of the value, but glad you are satisfied. What do you think of this model?:

https://doorhomes.com/
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

That sounds like what other people involved in real estate transactions would claim. I happen to agree.
:iagree: :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

That sounds like what other people involved in real estate transactions would claim. I happen to agree.
:iagree: :evil2:
Dealing with real estate agents is like most other things:

You learn when and how to use them (or not), you pay your money (or not) and live with the results, whether you like them or not.

:???:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Strong emotions about realtors here - I believe they are like any other profession: some excellent, some good, some bad, some need to find another line of work.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

sbrawley wrote:Hey everyone! Wanted to check in and give a status update.

We're slowly getting settled in. Still have a few more things to unpack but overall going good. We submitted change of addresses for our DL's and CHL/LTC. DL's arrived yesterday, however, still waiting on LTC's. Rather than the online application, are we supposed to submit anything else? Just curious because today I checked the website to see if the tracker was available but it wasn't.

Due to the multiple "watering holes" around here, we bought a one year fishing license and took the kiddos fishing yesterday. The only one who caught anything was my oldest son, but we all had fun and it was nice to get away from the unpacking for a bit.

Guess I missed this post Sunday. Glad to hear ya'll are getting settled. I don't think there is anything else you will need to do for a change of address, on your LTC, but I haven't gone through the process, so someone with more info may be able to answer it better. Good luck in your new surroundings, I guess the kids are getting ready for school. It will probably be different for them somewhat. I always enjoyed the folks in Lubbock, and surrounding towns.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”