Time to move

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Time to move

Post by G.A. Heath »

sbrawley wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
sbrawley wrote:The day after I submitted my history statement, Lubbock began calling my references. Today, they called to let me know that a few of references have been unreachable. We talked for about 15 minutes and I was told that due to my experience here with Harris County, that they were told to fast track my application and so far everything is looking good. At this rate, we could be out of Houston by this summer. :woohoo
Best of luck to you on your new job / location / home.

I hope you'll still be able to join us one or two more times for the Houston West Quadrant Breakfasts!
As long as I'm here I'll be making em. Really enjoy being around like minded company.
Maybe we will have to do something similar when you get out here, I would prefer not to drive 60 miles for breakfast so maybe lunch or dinner and possibly a trip to the range.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

sbrawley wrote:Another step closer. One of the LT's called and we talked. Arranged to have a meeting on 6/4. He said that since I live out of town he's going to try to have me finish the rest of my processing that day to include meeting the chief deputy. If everything goes well, I should be able to start with them on July 10.

To all of you guys and gals at the Houston West Quadrant Breakfast, it looks like I'll get one more breakfast with y'all. :tiphat:

Congrats sbrawley!! :clapping:

Hope everything works out for you in Lubbock County. You will have to buy you some winter clothing, it does get a lot cooler there, than in Houston.
Keep us updated, on your move. Have you wife get on here and relate her impressions, and experiences out west, it will be a big change for her as well. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Congratulations! :thewave
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

Congratulations from here as well!

I wish you a long and fulfilling career in service to the community.

:clapping: :hurry: :cheers2:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

Congrats sbrawley!! And RootinTootinCowgirl!! :cheers2:

Hope your house sells quickly, and ya'll get settled in with no issues.

Keep us updated, and be sure to get in touch with forum members out that way!! :cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

sbrawley wrote:Things are moving along pretty smoothly. Notice has been turned in to my current employer, waiting to close on the house in Lubbock, and our realtor has been getting multiple calls to see our current house. According to her, homes in our area are selling on average within 2 weeks so hopefully ours will be a very quick sale. We had a cash buyer look at it today, and another is scheduled for tomorrow. :cheers2: Here's to a new life and a new adventure.
Isn't that something how people are lining up to buy your house in a neighborhood that you want out of. You would think it would be hard to sell there. The same thing happened to my brother about 20 years ago in Sharpstown. His realtor had a list of people looking for houses in that area, which is now Chinatown.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

China town would a-ok with me.

Gangland, nope...

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

Abraham wrote:China town would a-ok with me.

Gangland, nope...
I don't get to Houston often, but unless things have gone downhill fast in the past five years, Cy-Fair isn't exactly the Fifth Ward.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

greyjack
Posts in topic: 1

Post by greyjack »

Congratulations on your escape from Houston.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”