Time to move

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Time to move

Post by Ameer »

Best wishes and I hope you have a higher class of customers in the new job.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Glad you are enjoying your new gig. The house thing is just the devil trying to spoil things for you and cause distress. I pray that Lord sorts these things out for you and wish you safe time on the new job.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

sbrawley wrote:Greetings from Lubbock!

Unfortunately, we're having a difficult time selling our house in Houston and our lender for the Lubbock house decided to change the terms on the loan that my family had to stay behind until we can sell the house. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

I started training for LCSO last week and I'm really excited to begin working for them. As with all things there are pros and cons (pun not intended) but the pros far outweigh the cons. This place is a whole lot better than Harris County SO and the moral is definitely higher. So far not regretting leaving Houston, just wish things would move faster on the real estate side.
We were in a somewhat similar situation when we moved to Texas in 2011. Here are two pieces of free advice -

1.0 Get one of these "St. Joseph sell your house kits" in a box:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000WMH1 ... B0041TH66C

And before you laugh at me, try it...it even works for Jewish people! Follow the directions and you will be amazed!

2.0 When you get the first offer, negotiate to close no matter what - never let that buyer get away!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Bitter Clinger wrote:

Unfortunately, we're having a difficult time selling our house in Houston and our lender for the Lubbock house decided to change the terms on the loan that my family had to stay behind until we can sell the house. :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

I started training for LCSO last week and I'm really excited to begin working for them. As with all things there are pros and cons (pun not intended) but the pros far outweigh the cons. This place is a whole lot better than Harris County SO and the moral is definitely higher. So far not regretting leaving Houston, just wish things would move faster on the real estate side.
We were in a somewhat similar situation when we moved to Texas in 2011. Here are two pieces of free advice -

And before you laugh at me, try it...it even works for Jewish people! Follow the directions and you will be amazed!

2.0 When you get the first offer, negotiate to close no matter what - never let that buyer get away!

:iagree:

After buying and selling a dozen properties, I can vouch for both of Bitter Clinger's words of wisdom.

If you follow them you won't be disappointed.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

Congrats on your move to the Hub City. I don't get back there often since my time at Harvard on the South Plains but I hope it treats you well.

SA-TX

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:

The home owners of the first house we put an offer on should read this book. I put down 2 fair offers and they only come off the price 2K. This house has been, and still is on the market for nearly 2yrs. They are investors though and we were told they rarely negotiate. Enjoy paying the taxes is what I told them.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

nightmare69 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

The home owners of the first house we put an offer on should read this book. I put down 2 fair offers and they only come off the price 2K. This house has been, and still is on the market for nearly 2yrs. They are investors though and we were told they rarely negotiate. Enjoy paying the taxes is what I told them.
Fair is when both or all parties agree. They might have been thinking for you to enjoy renting. Just curious how far apart were you?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

nightmare69 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

Well, you also need a MOTIVATED seller! I see plenty of the very well to do in my neighborhood putting their homes on the market at outrageously overpriced asking prices, to see if they can snag yet another windfall. I find that buying and selling a home brings out the worst in most people and we walked away from more than one seller here in Dallas even though we were under a severe timeline and absolutely had to relocate. Buying and selling a home is probably the most unprofessional transaction that I have ever been involved in and when you have a deadline that just makes it even worse.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

That is why you use a good Realtor.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

twomillenium wrote:That is why you use a good Realtor.
And that is an oxymoron. :mad5
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

twomillenium wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

Fair is when both or all parties agree. They might have been thinking for you to enjoy renting. Just curious how far apart were you?
The last offer we were 15k apart and they wouldn't budge. These people were known to keep houses on the market for years until they finally either reduced the price or found some sucker to pay their asking price. It's worked out for us as a month later we put a contract on a better home for less money.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
In my experience, that's not true unless you just walk into a real estate office and ask for any agent.

You need to qualify an agent in the same manner as you would an attorney. If you do that, you will very likely have a very satisfactory buying or selling experience.

Don't ask me how I learned this or how many times I did it the wrong way before I got it figured out.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Excaliber wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
In my experience, that's not true unless you just walk into a real estate office and ask for any agent.

You need to qualify an agent in the same manner as you would an attorney. If you do that, you will very likely have a very satisfactory buying or selling experience.

Don't ask me how I learned this or how many times I did it the wrong way before I got it figured out.
They create NO value. They profit off the transaction and are highly overcompensated. Most cannot count to twenty without taking off their shoes.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “The Crime Blotter”