Armed AZ:citizen kills BG fighting with wounded Trooper

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Armed AZ:citizen kills BG fighting with wounded Trooper

Post by philip964 »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /96481168/

On I 10. Trooper asked for assistance from man who stopped at scene of roll over car accident.

Man returned to his car retrieved his gun, and after asking the BG to stop fighting with the Trooper and he did not comply. The man killed the BG.

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Armed AZ:citizen kills BG fighting with wounded Trooper

Post by ELB »

Wowser. Good job by the citizen passing by. Best wishes to the trooper.
USAF 1982-2005

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Funny, in the public statements I don't see a word thanking the citizen who saved the trooper's life.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Misprint? Fake news? Must be cause good citizens with guns NEVER help the police when needed. I know cause Mothers Against Everything Containing Gunpowder told me so.

But seriously - way to go good guy with gun! Wishing speedy recovery to the wounded LEO.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

A Californian, no less! Maybe if we let more Californians carry guns, more tragedies would be avoided.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Another example to be added to the list of reasons to always be armed. Don't leave your gun at home.

On a side thought, if this had happened in New Jersey or New York the passerby could not have helped. :banghead: :banghead:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

:thewave
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

RossA wrote:Funny, in the public statements I don't see a word thanking the citizen who saved the trooper's life.
:iagree: And the armed citizen should be awarded for showing courage. At least one year all taxes returned for his action would be appropriate in my opinion.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Did anybody read the AP's news bite about this situation? Check this out:

"...Arizona has a "defense of third person" law that allows someone to use deadly force against another who is threatening or injuring a third person. It was not unusual that the passing driver was armed in this gun-friendly state with loose regulations...." :mad5

Even in a situation where an armed citizen saved a LEO's life, they still have to work in a criticism of guns. "Loose regulations" - really? You people need to live on your own planet.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

johncanfield wrote:Did anybody read the AP's news bite about this situation? Check this out:

"...Arizona has a "defense of third person" law that allows someone to use deadly force against another who is threatening or injuring a third person. It was not unusual that the passing driver was armed in this gun-friendly state with loose regulations...." :mad5

Even in a situation where an armed citizen saved a LEO's life, they still have to work in a criticism of guns. "Loose regulations" - really? You people need to live on your own planet.

Yeah if this had been across the border in Commifornia, The good guy would have had to unlock his gun case, and then his ammo case, and only load a few rounds, and do it all before it was too late for the Trooper. :banghead:

Prayers sent for the speedy recovery of the Trooper, and prayers of comfort for the good Samaritan, even justifiably taking a life is not a pleasant experience.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

goose

Post by goose »

johncanfield wrote:Did anybody read the AP's news bite about this situation? Check this out:

John, you are obviously missing the point. If there had been stricter gun laws in the first place the BG would have felt less inclined to fight with the LEO and therefore the firearm wouldn't have been needed.

(For the record, I think that you are spot on.)
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

I make that trip frequently when visit families in Southern California from El Paso. Just about a little further west of the area is when I start looking for last chance to get cheap gas (Kalifornia is about $.50/galon more due to all its environmental add ons) and finding a place to disarm myself by locking my unloaded Glock 22 (Gen 2) into a locked container and my 10-round magazines into another just be sure. Stupid Kalifornia gun laws
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

only problem I saw was that the good samaritan was not carrying on his person.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

locke_n_load wrote:only problem I saw was that the good samaritan was not carrying on his person.
and
Milstead said the civilian saw a man on top of Andersson, pounding his head in the pavement, and asked if the trooper needed help.
Glad the citizen helped and praying for the Troopers recovery.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”