Shooting Situation at Rolling Oaks Mall San Antonio

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Shooting Situation at Rolling Oaks Mall San Antonio

Post by SewTexas »

the Mall is a Simon Properties, I think....not positive, but pretty sure. Most have some signs, but you can work your way around them if you want. Rolling Oaks doesn't have any...yet.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

dlh wrote:I hate to be an alarmist but it is only gonna get worse folks. We now have violent street gangs in Texas along with the Mexican Cartel.

Carry, practice, and shoot straight!
I must have missed something. When did Texas NOT have this problem? :biggrinjester:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Keith B »

The other two shooting victims have been identified. Husband and wife, both Principles in Willis ISD. Hit by shrapnel, but released and recovering. LTC has not been identified. I say no reason to know who they are if they don't want to be identified. :thumbs2:

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/t ... l-shooting
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

longhorn86 wrote:
Frankie wrote: I suspect 30.06 and 30.07 signs to pop up on the mall soon. That would do more to deter me from continued shopping there, then this actual robbery.
You can pretty much bet the farm on this^^
Let me see if I understand the logic here.

Hmmm, the criminals ignored our "code of conduct" sign. We better make it really clear that guns are NOT ALLOWED here so we wont get any more criminals bringing guns when they commit their next robbery.

Exactly how do these people manage to function at all with such a high level of stupidity?

Revogod

Post by Revogod »

Went to Rolling Oaks Mall yesterday and headed to the food court on the second floor. There are still no 30.06/30.07 signs on the back entrance and Kay's Jeweler's no longer has their signs either. There was a young lady, some type of security, may have been LEO but wearing a big coat so we couldn't tell if she was armed, standing guard at the side entrance to the store. Found it interesting.

Chris

Frankie
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Frankie »

https://www.ksat.com/news/man-accused-i ... -in-prison
Man accused in Rolling Oaks Mall shooting sentenced to life in prison

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

good. saves us a trial.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Good. One down, one to go.
USAF 1982-2005

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Does 'life in prison' really mean 'life in prison' or is it a euphemism for just a few years in prison, then parole and then BAM out?

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Abraham wrote:Does 'life in prison' really mean 'life in prison' or is it a euphemism for just a few years in prison, then parole and then BAM out?
For capitol murder they are eligible for release on parole, but not until the actual time served equals 40 years, without consideration of any good conduct time. In this case he was sentenced to life plus 20 years, so that should be 60 years minimum before allowed possible parole. Since he is 35 he will probably spend the rest of his life in prison.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

Keith B wrote:
For capitol murder they are eligible for release on parole, but not until the actual time served equals 40 years, without consideration of any good conduct time. ...
I think for capital murder the only two punishments are death or life without parole. (Unless convicted under 18 years of age and then I think they get life).

For murder they can be sentenced from 5 to 99 years or to life. If sentenced to life he must serve at least forty years Before eligible for parole.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

ELB wrote:
Keith B wrote:
For capitol murder they are eligible for release on parole, but not until the actual time served equals 40 years, without consideration of any good conduct time. ...
I think for capital murder the only two punishments are death or life without parole. (Unless convicted under 18 years of age and then I think they get life).

For murder they can be sentenced from 5 to 99 years or to life. If sentenced to life he must serve at least forty years Before eligible for parole.
Sorry, you are correct. Capital murder was what he was charged with, and that carries life without parole. He plead it down to murder and got life plus 20 years, so that means 40 years plus 20 before parole eligible.
Keith

Frankie
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Frankie »

https://www.ksat.com/news/reports-heavy ... -oaks-mall

Reinforceing my reasoning to always carry when we go to this place.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I can see why some people would be touchy about what happened, if it happened the way I think it did. The 2nd robber "ran through the mall shooting" as he escaped. The perception may be that the LTC holder "started it all" by shooting the 1st robber, and if he hadn't done so, all those additional people wouldn't have been shot. As some other posters have suggested, this incident may be construed by certain people to be a good justification for posting a 30-06 sign. "That's what happens when one of those concealed carriers tries to play John Wayne and then you have bullets flying all over the place and innocent people getting shot."
-Ruark

ELB

Post by ELB »

In all accounts I saw quoting The wife who was there, instead of chief McManus who was not, It is clear that one of the robbers Started shooting first, killing her unarmed husband for simply stepping between his wife and the armed robber. THEN The LTC holder put down the robber who initiated The shooting. The second robber then ran from the store shooting as he went.

Here are a couple stories where the wife was interviewed.

https://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/ ... -rolling-o

https://www.ksat.com/news/rolling-oak-m ... /392310399
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”