Gas station robbery gone really bad.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Gas station robbery gone really bad.

Post by tomtexan »

This is a news clip of a robbery at a Tyler gas station this past weekend that ended up with the gas station attendant being shot and killed. Two suspects are in custody and charged with the crime and a third is in custody being questioned. There is a short piece of video of the robber running into the store and hopping over the counter and approaching the attendant. In the video it appears to me that the victim noticed the assailant early on before he hopped over the counter, and it is of my opinion that if he had been armed, he could have drawn and shot the criminal and possibly saved his own life. Instead, his life was taken by these heinous individuals.

What do you forum members think? Did the attendant have ample time to react and defend himself. Could any of you react and draw before the criminal got that close?

Discuss.

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/lo ... /646895083
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gas station robbery gone really bad.

Post by Texas_Blaze »

It appears that by the time the attendant realized that there was a problem, there was a gun in his face. Someone running into a store isn't necessarily a reason to draw your weapon but it should get your attention, unless you saw his gun in hand. That thug made quick time. 3-5 secs from front door to gun in face. I think it is very unlikely an armed attendant could have defended himself.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”