Dropping kids off at school

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
apvonkanel
Posts in topic: 1

Dropping kids off at school

Post by apvonkanel »

I've seen things get pretty tense, and this is just another step in the escalation of angry parents.

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com/am ... e/1793573/
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dropping kids off at school

Post by treadlightly »

Please let no LTC have been issued to that idiot. Please let the full weight of the Federal GFSZ Act create a protective lifetime ban for civilized society's sake.

Please.

Unless, of course, there's more to the story, something that fully and rightfully justified deadly force. It sure doesn't sound like that could be the case, but I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I didn't watch the video. But from what I've seen bounced around FB, mom #1 got out of her car and started pounding on mom #2's windows, that's when #2 pulled her gun. So, yeh, she felt threatened and drew. Now, I've actually not seen witnesses say that she aimed or if she just displayed, ie, did she lay it on her lap, as in "lookie what I've got". I don't know...and I don't know what I would have done. I've inadvertently made another driver mad and he raged....I was terrified, and armed, and we were rolling....I got the heck out of his way, this mom had no escape.
BTW, she was legal having the gun in her car.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by treadlightly »

My reply was hasty. It could have been justified. My wife and I once had a driver deliberately shave close by us in a parking lot. She's in a wheelchair, I was pushing, and I wasn't sure I was going to be out of the way of the car's rear wheels. I could have touched the front fender as it passed.

As I tried to take the first running step to get out of the way I slammed my shin into the back of my wife's chair and sort of involuntarily yelled, "Dang it!"

That seemed to provoke the driver, who was approaching perigee to us in his turn at that moment. He came looping back around the lot, back in our general direction at an aggressive pace.

All I could think was I had to keep myself between that guy and my wife, and I fervently, earnestly hoped he would not offer any real threat.

As, fortunately, most such incidents play out, he parked about 30 yards away and minded his own business, just like we minded ours. I hope his mother bit him when he got home to the kennel, but other than harsh thoughts nothing more came of it.

My apologies if I misinterpreted the school situation. The unforeseen happens, all the time.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I drive through a school zone every day going to work and observe two things: oblivious speeders and parents with little to no regard for anyone else who stands between them and getting their kids to the school drop off.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Zoo

Post by Zoo »

SewTexas wrote:I didn't watch the video. But from what I've seen bounced around FB, mom #1 got out of her car and started pounding on mom #2's windows, that's when #2 pulled her gun.
That sure presents a different scenario than the news story. Shades of Tavai and Hale.
The city is not a concrete jungle. It is a human zoo.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”