Robber Run Down and Shoots Self

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Robber Run Down and Shoots Self

Post by Keith B »

A suspect trying to rob a car of people outside of a Denny's in Hawthorne, CA shoots himself with his own gun when the victims run him down with their car.

I guess it was bad CARma. :mrgreen:

http://abc7.com/news/video-shows-moment ... e/1801603/
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

treadlightly

Re: Robber Run Down and Shoots Self

Post by treadlightly »

Interesting. Hard to be upset, but looking at it clinically I wonder how this will play out in court.

Gassing it to slam the marauder with the open rear door of the car was justified (and creative). He had a gun and was in the commission of an armed robbery.

Running him down was just, but will it be justifiable in court? He wasn't a direct threat at that point. Was that like shooting a fleeing robber in the back?

I'm not saying it is good to let someone like that live to rob and maybe murder another day. Being honest with myself, maybe that's what I would have done if I'd been lucky enough to swat him away with the open door.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

treadlightly wrote:Interesting. Hard to be upset, but looking at it clinically I wonder how this will play out in court.

Gassing it to slam the marauder with the open rear door of the car was justified (and creative). He had a gun and was in the commission of an armed robbery.

Running him down was just, but will it be justifiable in court? He wasn't a direct threat at that point. Was that like shooting a fleeing robber in the back?

I'm not saying it is good to let someone like that live to rob and maybe murder another day. Being honest with myself, maybe that's what I would have done if I'd been lucky enough to swat him away with the open door.

It's possible the driver thought the BG, was going after the friend who fled. They may not have seen which way she ran. I know that's how I would testify.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Riley

Post by Riley »

If the robber shot himself then he was holding a loaded gun and he was still a threat.

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Like!

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

The expression on the cop's face is priceless.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

ELB

Post by ELB »

There's a video of a robbery a few years ago of a robber who shot a motel (I think) clerk with a revolver. The recoil flipped the muzzle up over 90 degrees and the robber squeezed off a second shot, I assume unintentionally, and it hit him in the head. The clerk survived but the robber did not. Not enough of that karma/carma going around, tho.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”