Charged deadly conduct shooting at fiancée's attackers

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Charged deadly conduct shooting at fiancée's attackers

Post by dlh »

Pawpaw wrote:
Acronym Esq wrote:
FCH wrote:Texas man charged with ‘deadly conduct’ for shooting at men who attacked his fiancée
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/03 ... s-fiancee/
A Texas man was arrested Friday and subsequently charged with a third-degree felony after shooting at two men who were allegedly attacking his fiancée.
...authorities believe the attack was gang-related
Here's another version of the story with pretty good security video. Sure looks like masked attackers trying to kidnap a woman. Apparently the first judge he got in front of threw his arrest out for lack of probable cause. I would like to think that cops don't act arbitrarily, but... I feel like we are not getting the entire story.
That puts this incident in a whole different light. It does, indeed, sound like the cops were fishing.

Still if he did "serve prison time time for drugs 10 years ago", wouldn't he be a felon in possession of a firearm? I looks like he still hasn't been charged for that.
dlh wrote:Let's see what the grand jury does. They may issue a no-bill.
What grand jury? He was released from custody.
Being released from custody has nothing to do with a subsequent grand jury investigation. People are "released from custody" all the time then eventually indicted by a grand jury. If a grand jury chooses not to indict then that will probably be the end of the case as you have the right under Texas law to be indicted by a grand jury for a felony offense if the District Attorney wants to proceed with charges. Let's see how it plays out.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”