WA man arrested after killing intruder in shower

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WA man arrested after killing intruder in shower

Post by Pariah3j »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:
So it has to be determined to be reasonable, meaning no castle doctrine and will be at least going to a Grand Jury. The story as per usual reporting these days is missing some key details, and something about the version of the story in the article stinks. Can't say if it is the Home Owner's story not being accurate, or if the media is putting some spin on it(or at least leaving out enough info to make him look guilty).
The definition of "reasonable" varies significantly depending on where you are in that state. There is a reference to the intruder being from Bothell which is close to Seattle, but a bit more rural (and logical). Still, there is a good chance that many on the jury will believe it is never "reasonable" to use a gun in self defense.
Well that was my point - whenever a law says 'reasonable means', that means a Jury will end up deciding what is reasonable.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I'm sorry for the pun but I was telling my buddy about this story and he said
Welp, I guess it was a clean shoot
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

kg5ie wrote:Is it "reasonable" to fire 4 shots through the shower curtain? What was the threat?
Maybe Mr. Fanning didn't want the compassionate school teacher guy using his shower and other stuff when he wasn't home? :leaving

Return to “The Crime Blotter”