UPDATE - Garland, TX: LTC Holder Shoots Thief Attempting To Steal Jeep

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
MrMcCullster
Posts in topic: 2

UPDATE - Garland, TX: LTC Holder Shoots Thief Attempting To Steal Jeep

Post by MrMcCullster »

UPDATE: As information began to come in, this turned out to be a Garland Police Officer who performed a traffic stop on the Jeep, who pulled into the RaceTrac gas station, and at some point of the interaction, raised a gun to a GPD officer. The officer fired back and struck the Jeep driver in the arm. This was not an LTC incident. Sorry for the confusion. But score one for the good guys.

I have the Nextdoor app on my phone, and I'm part of the local neighborhood that this happened next to. I didn't see anything on the news about it, but apparently there was a small blurb in the paper this morning.

Hopefully the internet sleuths will come out of the woodwork to fill in any additional details.

There was an incident at the RaceTrac gas station on Beltline/Broadway in Garland, Texas over the weekend. The RaceTrac is just south of I-30, in the southern most part of Garland. A few miles down the road south is Mesquite and then Sunnyvale.

It involved a Jeep that was previously stolen from Sunnyvale the night before last. Somehow the owner of the Jeep (who is licensed to carry) found out the Jeep was at this gas station and proceeded to go get it.

The thief driver of the stolen Jeep raised a gun to the LTC holder and the LTC holder returned fire, shooting the suspect in the arm. The thief and driver apparently exchanged gunfire and are both alive at this time and the vehicle has been recovered. The LTC holder was transported to Baylor and is expected to survive.

Easter Sunday morning, Garland PD and detectives had sectioned off the gas station for investigation, so the Nextdoor app was a buzz with theories and information slowly trickled in.
Last edited by MrMcCullster on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Garland, TX: LTC Holder Shoots Thief Attempting To Steal Jeep

Post by Pariah3j »

Interesting - would be cool to find out more about this story. I doubt much more info will come out unless somehow the story gets national attention or sensationalized.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Wait!! Since we don't have the whole story, it's time to start criticizing the LTC for shooting someone over a jeep. And if the Racetrac had a gunbuster sign in the ladies bathroom, he could lose his presumption of reasonability under 9.31. This was definitely a negligent discharge (ND). No one should get shot in the arm over a Jeep, and now the LTC took the "RIDE" (to the hospital). Did the hospital have a 30.06 sign? Most do. Now they should charge him with a class A (46.035) for carrying in a Hospital (while being carried into a hospital)... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rotor

Post by rotor »

Don't they have police in that part of Texas?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

ScottDLS wrote:Wait!! Since we don't have the whole story, it's time to start criticizing the LTC for shooting someone over a jeep. And if the Racetrac had a gunbuster sign in the ladies bathroom, he could lose his presumption of reasonability under 9.31. This was definitely a negligent discharge (ND). No one should get shot in the arm over a Jeep, and now the LTC took the "RIDE" (to the hospital). Did the hospital have a 30.06 sign? Most do. Now they should charge him with a class A (46.035) for carrying in a Hospital (while being carried into a hospital)... :evil2:
And don't forget the LTC was carrying in a Sherpa holster! :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

bblhd672 wrote: a Sherpa holster! :biggrinjester:
The only holster that can carry more than a Jeep.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Topic author
MrMcCullster

Re: UPDATE - Garland, TX: LTC Holder Shoots Thief Attempting To Steal Jeep

Post by MrMcCullster »

UPDATE: As information began to come in, this turned out to be a Garland Police Officer who performed a traffic stop on the Jeep, who pulled into the RaceTrac gas station, and at some point of the interaction, the driver raised a gun to fire on a GPD officer. The GPD officer fired at the driver, striking him in the arm. This was not an LTC incident. Sorry for the confusion. But score one for the good guys.

Thank you goes out to Garland PD for their handling of this situation. They never know what they are going to run into on a given shift.

Again, sorry for the "fake news".

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ScottDLS wrote:Wait!! Since we don't have the whole story, it's time to start criticizing the LTC for shooting someone over a jeep. And if the Racetrac had a gunbuster sign in the ladies bathroom, he could lose his presumption of reasonability under 9.31. This was definitely a negligent discharge (ND). No one should get shot in the arm over a Jeep, and now the LTC took the "RIDE" (to the hospital). Did the hospital have a 30.06 sign? Most do. Now they should charge him with a class A (46.035) for carrying in a Hospital (while being carried into a hospital)... :evil2:
And then there's the GFSZA.......surely there was a school somewhere within a mile radius.......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

And don't forget the LTC was carrying in a Sherpa holster!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of carrying your gun in a small Nepalese man!

Those guys are supposed to help you climb Mount Everest, not carry your heater! :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:And don't forget the LTC was carrying in a Sherpa holster!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of carrying your gun in a small Nepalese man!

Those guys are supposed to help you climb Mount Everest, not carry your heater! :-)

SIA
You guys are hilarious.... :lol: That one I can't even blame on auto-correct, did it all on my own.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Speaking of auto correct driving us crazy, this was the alleged texting
conversation between 2 women, one of whom had just been dumped by
her longtime boyfriend.

The one who was trying to console her friend who had been dumped texted:

Well, I'm sure you 2 will get back together.
After all, he was the only man who ever discussed the Fuhrer with you!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”