CA: random shooting in Fresno, 3 dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

CA: random shooting in Fresno, 3 dead

Post by philip964 »

Man kills 3 people in shootings in downtown Fresno - LA Times - http://www.latimes.com
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

Shouted AA as being arrested.

Random victims, unprovoked.

Hated White people, government and police.

Shooter has that popular first and last name.

Not sure if hate crime or terrorism.
Last edited by philip964 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA: random shooting in Fresno, 3 dead

Post by TVGuy »

It's not random, it's California.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

California has declared itself a free fire zone. The voting majority are willing and ready victims. Like all good victims, they would rather have people take pity on their suffering than step up to their own defense. They are getting exactly what they want, so I have no pity for them.

But I do feel sorry for the minority of free men (and women) who are stuck in that sea of subjects. Texas should consider a refugee relocation program for these persecuted folks.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:But I do feel sorry for the minority of free men (and women) who are stuck in that sea of subjects. Texas should consider a refugee relocation program for these persecuted folks.
Do we want those without the fortitude to relocate on their own, without government handouts?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

allisji

Post by allisji »

.357 magnum revolver with speed loaders. High capacity automatic weapon I assume. Probably got a scope from the grocery store to convert it into a mass killing assault rifle.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

"Texas should consider a refugee relocation program for these persecuted folks."

No, no they shouldn't...

(or perhaps, I've misunderstood and you posted the above tongue in cheek)

To a certain degree, I understand your sympathy, up to a rapidly diminishing point...

I'm not and neither is any other Texan responsible for the welfare and protection of Californians who have chosen to remain there. They're responsible for their welfare and protection, not me. Or you. Or you there....

"Do we want those without the fortitude to relocate on their own..."

No, no we don't.

Try putting this ugly shoe on the other foot.

Let's say we have a rash of terrorists attacks, does anyone think Californians for a moment they would welcome us conservative, gun toting barbarians with open arms?

Not in a billion years...

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:"Texas should consider a refugee relocation program for these persecuted folks."

No, no they shouldn't...

(or perhaps, I've misunderstood and you posted the above tongue in cheek)

To a certain degree, I understand your sympathy, up to a rapidly diminishing point...

I'm not and neither is any other Texan responsible for the welfare and protection of Californians who have chosen to remain there. They're responsible for their welfare and protection, not me. Or you. Or you there....

"Do we want those without the fortitude to relocate on their own..."

No, no we don't.

Try putting this ugly shoe on the other foot.

Let's say we have a rash of terrorists attacks, does anyone think Californians for a moment they would welcome us conservative, gun toting barbarians with open arms?

Not in a billion years...
I think I wasn't clear. I mean that we should help the minority of freedom loving people who are stuck in California to move to Texas. Clearly there would be an ideology test required.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"I mean that we should help the minority of freedom loving people who are stuck in California to move to Texas."

Stuck?

No passport needed or anything stopping Californians from leaving that blighted state. And no, I'm not sympathetic to their ocean of exscuses....

As stated previously, if the freedom loving people remaining there didn't get out by now, I feel no obligation to help them as they've had plenty-o-time up to now to boogie...and yes, I can imagine the great flood of reasons they can conjure up as to why they've HAD to remain there, so we Texans must help them to come here or wherever...not only no, but HECK no!

How many times have you heard "excuse making people stating bogus laments like "it's not my fault, you, yes you, should be responsible for my poor decisions" who then cry piteously well after they've stumbled and fallen... with their hand out. Far past the time they could've helped themselves, but somewhere in the back of their minds, they always thought "I'll just depend on the kindness of strangers"...

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham,
I don't think anyone is suggesting we send a convoy of buses and moving vans to help Californians escape. I think we realize that they have created their own circumstances through the years. But there is a modicum of sympathy for those who still try to hold out against the Liberal hordes occupying the legislature, and other elected offices.

I'm sure that there are those who would love to have the more liberating freedoms that we enjoy here, but circumstances prevent them from leaving, whether it is family obligations, or financial hardship, or just not being able to find jobs here, or elsewhere that pay enough. I have never been to California, but there is some very beautiful country there. Some people have very deep roots there, and as a Texan, I know that there would have to be almost apocalyptic circumstances for me to leave. While we see and hear about some of the crazy things going on in parts of California, I'm sure that most people aren't affected on a day to day basis. Texas has it's fair share of nuts, but fortunately, in the past 20 years or so, we have put people in the legislature to help ensure that the actions of a few crazies, don't cause laws to be passed to restrict our freedom. There is still hope for California, but the Right is going to have to get off of their duffs, and push for change. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Jusme,

I get all that.

I just have zero sympathy left in my tank. The folks there ARE living in apocalyptic circumstances. They choose to stay.

Let's look at it this way. Suppose Russia or Cuba had a colony with the same oppression as exists in those 2 totalitarian countries, but located here in the U.S., and you as a resident living there aren't actually forced to remain. You could, of your own free will, without any sort of constraint move to any U.S. state. But, like those currently living in California, you choose to remain entrenched. Fine. Just don't expect me to sympathize with the plight of those who have free will and never work at getting out...

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Abraham wrote:Jusme,

I get all that.

I just have zero sympathy left in my tank. The folks there ARE living in apocalyptic circumstances. They choose to stay.

Let's look at it this way. Suppose Russia or Cuba had a colony with the same oppression as exists in those 2 totalitarian countries, but located here in the U.S., and you as a resident living there aren't actually forced to remain. You could, of your own free will, without any sort of constraint move to any U.S. state. But, like those currently living in California, you choose to remain entrenched. Fine. Just don't expect me to sympathize with the plight of those who have free will and never work at getting out...
:iagree: They must like it. Besides all of that there are those who want to make the rest of the States like California. This is why I do not get excited when I hear of California company's coming to Texas because they bring California voters to vote here the same way they voted in California. In the end we end up with more places as liberal as Dallas.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Yep, sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice to live free.

Like a buddy of mine, who escaped Slovakia when it was communist. He faced death trying and successfully escaping.

He came here with little money, no English and no family or friends.

Eventually got a Master's degree in Accounting.

I admire him immensely.

He loves living in the U.S. and was willing to sacrifice his life and everything else if need be in order to live free...and now, does!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:Yep, sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice to live free.

Like a buddy of mine, who escaped Slovakia when it was communist. He faced death trying and successfully escaping.

He came here with little money, no English and no family or friends.

Eventually got a Master's degree in Accounting.

I admire him immensely.

He loves living in the U.S. and was willing to sacrifice his life and everything else if need be in order to live free...and now, does!
Some days I wish there was a place in this world for freedom loving Americans to escape to....
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I asked my wife yesterday if she thinks there is a connection to cali advertising being a "sanctuary state", and terrorist attacks.... kinda makes you wonder...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”