PSA-Stolen Gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

PSA-Stolen Gun

Post by LSUTiger »

Last week my truck was broken into and a firearm was stolen.

Only two things can come out of leaving any firearm in a vehicle for any reason: 1. You won't have it when you need it 2. It will get stolen.

Unless discovery is certain like in airport or court house situation , concealed is concealed.

Lessons learned. I will be changing my modus operandi accordingly to prevent this situation from occurring again.

If you choose to continue to leave your gun in vehicle lock it up. It may or may not help. Some criminals just use bolt cutters to defeat any sort of chain or wire security devices. I choose not to leave it in my vehicle. I refuse to be a victim again. YMMV
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Rhino1

Re: PSA-Stolen Gun

Post by Rhino1 »

I have mine in a Console Vault. They are ordered for the specific vehicle and assemble from inside the console. Nothing is perfect but this should eliminate the smash and grab theft. You'd have to rip out the console to get to it. If they stole the truck and had enough time, they would be able to get it. I see it as a tradeoff of not having access to a gun at all. I always carry on weekends but am in sales and go into places I really can't carry during the work day.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

Are you an NRA member (if not click the link below and join)? If so you are insured. I don't worry about mine getting stolen, I'll just buy another.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

mrvmax wrote:Are you an NRA member (if not click the link below and join)? If so you are insured. I don't worry about mine getting stolen, I'll just buy another.
My concern about a firearm being stolen from my vehicle (and anyone else's) is more about what crimes it will be involved in afterwards.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

bblhd672 wrote:
mrvmax wrote:Are you an NRA member (if not click the link below and join)? If so you are insured. I don't worry about mine getting stolen, I'll just buy another.
My concern about a firearm being stolen from my vehicle (and anyone else's) is more about what crimes it will be involved in afterwards.
Do you lose sleep over someone stealing them from your house, Cabelas, Academy, your local gun store etc.? Lock up your vehicle, don't make yourself a target and get on with life. You cannot control someone else's actions so I don't worry about things I cannot control.

TexasSully

Post by TexasSully »

Rhino1 wrote:I have mine in a Console Vault. They are ordered for the specific vehicle and assemble from inside the console. Nothing is perfect but this should eliminate the smash and grab theft. You'd have to rip out the console to get to it. If they stole the truck and had enough time, they would be able to get it. I see it as a tradeoff of not having access to a gun at all. I always carry on weekends but am in sales and go into places I really can't carry during the work day.
:iagree:
Works great

Return to “The Crime Blotter”