2 Dead In Arlington Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2 Dead In Arlington Shooting

Post by LucasMcCain »

This happened just down the street from my home. I have been dismayed (though not surprised) by how many of the local news outlets ran headlines to the effect of "two dead in Arlington shooting" instead of "armed citizen stops active shooter." I'm glad the CHL is being treated fairly by authorities thus far. For those of you not in the area, this took place in a decent neighborhood in the suburbs. One of the doctors I work with lives in the subdivision right there. This should reinforce the "carry every day" mindset. This guy was just at a restaurant with his wife when this happened. You just never know. Always be prepared.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

LucasMcCain wrote:This happened just down the street from my home. I have been dismayed (though not surprised) by how many of the local news outlets ran headlines to the effect of "two dead in Arlington shooting" instead of "armed citizen stops active shooter." I'm glad the CHL is being treated fairly by authorities thus far. For those of you not in the area, this took place in a decent neighborhood in the suburbs. One of the doctors I work with lives in the subdivision right there. This should reinforce the "carry every day" mindset. This guy was just at a restaurant with his wife when this happened. You just never know. Always be prepared.
Yeah, I'm not surprised either by the lack of reporting on a good guy with a gun, stopping a bad guy with a gun. The media just can't bring themselves to ever say anything positive about legal carry, or lawful defense. They have no problem spouting conflated, and dishonest stats, anytime someone is killed illegally, by a BG with a gun, or there is a police involved shooting, but legally armed citizens are treated as non existent.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

allisji

Post by allisji »

mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:From an article appearing in the ultra-liberal Houston Chronicle's website Chron.com: "Lt. Cook told Dallas Morning News that the patron who was carrying his concealed handgun 'prevented further loss of life.' " . . . "Lt. Cook also said, 'We're treating the good guy as a sort of hero.' " Full article at: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 121973.php

Chas.
I have never heard the term "breastaurant" before.
In my opinion, the Chronicle's headline is immature and unprofessional. Restaurant, Sports Bar, Bar and Grill; any of these would have been better for the article. I'm not sure how it being Lingerie night is relevant to the story. I assume that the Chronicle is trying to somehow diminish the heroism exhibited by the LTC'er.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

allisji wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:From an article appearing in the ultra-liberal Houston Chronicle's website Chron.com: "Lt. Cook told Dallas Morning News that the patron who was carrying his concealed handgun 'prevented further loss of life.' " . . . "Lt. Cook also said, 'We're treating the good guy as a sort of hero.' " Full article at: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 121973.php

Chas.
In my opinion, the Chronicle's headline is immature and unprofessional. Restaurant, Sports Bar, Bar and Grill; any of these would have been better for the article. I'm not sure how it being Lingerie night is relevant to the story. I assume that the Chronicle is trying to somehow diminish the heroism exhibited by the LTC'er.
I think it has more to do with the way the waitresses dress.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

LucasMcCain wrote:This happened just down the street from my home. I have been dismayed (though not surprised) by how many of the local news outlets ran headlines to the effect of "two dead in Arlington shooting" instead of "armed citizen stops active shooter." I'm glad the CHL is being treated fairly by authorities thus far. For those of you not in the area, this took place in a decent neighborhood in the suburbs. One of the doctors I work with lives in the subdivision right there. This should reinforce the "carry every day" mindset. This guy was just at a restaurant with his wife when this happened. You just never know. Always be prepared.
Very close to my home as well, haven't eaten at that establishment but have at others in the same strip mall.

There...are...no...safe...zones. Carry and be prepared.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

allisji

Post by allisji »

mojo84 wrote:
allisji wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Chas.
Yes, I get it. I know that Hooters, Twin Peaks, etc. earn this distinction based on the characteristics and attire of the waitresses. I simply am suggesting that the inclusion of that information distracts from the subject of the article which is an LTCer saving people's lives by acting in defense during an active shooter situation. And I am questioning the use of the word breastraunt which in my opinion unprofessional and irresponsible, though I don't know whether or not Zona Caliente embraces the term or prefers to be known as a Sports Bar and Grill which happens to have attractive servers.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

And why do they call them "strip" malls? Sounds like they're trying to denigrate the restaurants. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

allisji wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
allisji wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Chas.
Yes, I get it. I know that Hooters, Twin Peaks, etc. earn this distinction based on the characteristics and attire of the waitresses. I simply am suggesting that the inclusion of that information distracts from the subject of the article which is an LTCer saving people's lives by acting in defense during an active shooter situation. And I am questioning the use of the word breastraunt which in my opinion unprofessional and irresponsible, though I don't know whether or not Zona Caliente embraces the term or prefers to be known as a Sports Bar and Grill which happens to have attractive servers.

I too get it! I simply stated I had not heard the term before. I also agree it didn't add anything to the actual article. However, I do not put it above the Chronicle to use such a term to grab attention. It didn't take away from what the LTC holder did. I have no clue and don't care if the restaurant prefers or embraces such a moniker. I do know they choose how their waitresses dress.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

So "breastaurant" isn't an eating establishment with a health department "B" rating? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

bblhd672 wrote:So "breastaurant" isn't an eating establishment with a health department "B" rating? :biggrinjester:
That probably applies also.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

OK folks, let's discuss only the topic and keep it on that. Don't let this get locked for a rule violation. :nono:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LAYGO »

allisji wrote:In my opinion, the Chronicle's headline is immature and unprofessional. Restaurant, Sports Bar, Bar and Grill; any of these would have been better for the article. I'm not sure how it being Lingerie night is relevant to the story. I assume that the Chronicle is trying to somehow diminish the heroism exhibited by the LTC'er.
This isn't Walter Cronkite writing this article, it's some Millennial fresh from school.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “The Crime Blotter”