2 Dead In Arlington Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

2 Dead In Arlington Shooting

Post by Keith B »

A man walked into the Zona Caliente Sports Bar in Arlington and shot and killed a employee. Someone in the bar pulled their gun and shot and killed the shooter. Authorities are working to determine if the shooter had an LTC. http://www.fox4news.com/news/252518185-story

Before you ask, Zona Caliente is a BLUE business per the TABC database.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

MustangGlocker
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2 Dead In Arlington Shooting

Post by MustangGlocker »

The (good guy) shooter does have a LTC. I was able to confirm with a city source.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

About a mile from my house, was outside in the yard and heard sirens coming from multiple directions.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Right now it appears the good guy won. Prayers for the family who lost their loved ones.

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LAYGO »

This guy clearly hasn't thought out post-shoot logistics, representation, and SHUTTING YOUR MOUTH. :(

http://www.wfaa.com/news/two-shot-kille ... /436569576
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

WFAA Channel 8 Reporter on her Twitter account states the following: Police say a customer was a concealed carry holder said to his wife "get down," then stood up and took out the restaurant shooter (emphasis mine).

So far sounds good and the guy not only protected his wife but clearly saved other lives.

The Star Telegram is quoting Arlington police spokesman LT. Chris Cook here: “By all accounts, he decided to engage the shooter because he wanted to prevent further loss of life,” Cook said. “If the shooter was going to do additional shooting, because he engaged the shooter there was no further loss of life.” (emphasis mine).

I know his life will be changed forever, but he by all accounts saved many lives.
Ron
NRA Member

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

God bless him. Hope he's treated fairly and recognized for his HEROIC act!

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

LAYGO wrote:This guy clearly hasn't thought out post-shoot logistics, representation, and SHUTTING YOUR MOUTH. :(

Uh, I don't see in the link where he has said anyting other than 'he was in fear for his and other's lives'. You should provide basics on who you are, what happened and why you engsged. Sounds like he did. Nothing else is revealed that he may or may not have said.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Very thankful he chose to intervene instead of just being a good witness. Notice no charges are expected to be filed against him.

The more good guys fight back, the more bad guys will think twice about doing bad. If they don't, they'll be more likely to suffer the negative consequences of the bad decisions.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Keith B wrote:
LAYGO wrote:This guy clearly hasn't thought out post-shoot logistics, representation, and SHUTTING YOUR MOUTH. :(

Uh, I don't see in the link where he has said anyting other than 'he was in fear for his and other's lives'. You should provide basics on who you are, what happened and why you engsged. Sounds like he did. Nothing else is revealed that he may or may not have said.
I'm just guessing here, but I believe LAYGO may be referring to the video, where the LTC holder was talking with police officers. Myself, I think I would have said, "Officer, I don't feel really well right now, and I don't feel like talking." That is an unobtrusive way of saying, "I wish not to talk right now", and gets you the time you need to get representation.

Sure, by this time, the officers were already letting him know he was a hero, etc. before interviewing him, and I'm sure his defenses were down. But we cannot forget that this is still a LEO interviewing you, and you have a right to representation before you answer. In whatever situation you're in when you have used your gun in self defense or defense of others, the officer may or may not be 'on your side', but could say such things to lower your inhibitions in order to get all the questions answered. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Recent updates say that the gunman had a 2nd handgun in his pocket, plus a couple of knives. Also, after first round from LTC holder struck him he started firing toward front door where people were trying to escape.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:Recent updates say that the gunman had a 2nd handgun in his pocket, plus a couple of knives. Also, after first round from LTC holder struck him he started firing toward front door where people were trying to escape.

I wondered how the woman got cut with broken glass, but the BG may have shattered the window(s)
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

From an article appearing in the ultra-liberal Houston Chronicle's website Chron.com: "Lt. Cook told Dallas Morning News that the patron who was carrying his concealed handgun 'prevented further loss of life.' " . . . "Lt. Cook also said, 'We're treating the good guy as a sort of hero.' " Full article at: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 121973.php

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:From an article appearing in the ultra-liberal Houston Chronicle's website Chron.com: "Lt. Cook told Dallas Morning News that the patron who was carrying his concealed handgun 'prevented further loss of life.' " . . . "Lt. Cook also said, 'We're treating the good guy as a sort of hero.' " Full article at: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 121973.php

Chas.
I have never heard the term "breastaurant" before.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”