don't mess with Texas mama bear!

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

don't mess with Texas mama bear!

Post by aaangel »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/McKinn ... 96653.html

message from a texas mama bear! but pls people lock your backdoor!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: don't mess with Texas mama bear!

Post by Liberty »

Why are those sneakers so valuable. They look so cheaply made. I can buy a few pairs of well made boots for that price.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

The police are "investigating" , are they investigating the burglary? The report made it sound as if they were investigating the Facebook post.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aaangel »

Cuase they are made by kanye west. Hahaha
'got to Texas ASAIC.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The most demure woman on the planet will kill you with extreme prejudice if you threaten her children
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I have no sympathy for the burgler. I also have no sympathy for a family who allows their son to gouge people for 3 times the actual cost of a shoe.....teaching him some great values... Screw your fellow man to make a buck.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

WTR,

You can only gouge if what's being sold is a necessity in times of dire shortage, like demanding $1000.00 for a bottle of water in drought times.

Of course, there are better examples, but I hope you get my drift?

We're Capitalists, Free Enterpriser's, if you will and if someone is dumb enough to pay more than something is worth, that's not something unethical on the part of the marketer...that's on you...again, that's the free enterprise system.

Another example: Scalpers.

No one forces anyone else to pay 10 times more for say a super bowl ticket to a scalper, because the value of the ticket is in the eyes of the fan, who just has to, has to, has to go to game...he won't die if he doesn't go, but he wants to so badly he'll give up way more money than the going retail cost, but he isn't being gouged, he's just made his choice, dumb as it is...

No one selling ...anything, be it junk shoes, or a flintlock for a $100,000 is being taken advantage of...

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

:iagree:

I feel pretty safe in saying that nobody that paid that price for the shoes felt like they were ripped off. Anyone who felt that way just didn't buy them... life goes on.

Remember, among many of the age group who would buy them, it's a status symbol to have paid so much. It doesn't make sense to most of us, but it does in their minds.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

crazy2medic wrote:The most demure woman on the planet will kill you with extreme prejudice if you threaten her children
Most Definitely.

My wife who really has somewhat of an aversion to firearms would use a shotgun or what ever is handy to blow away someone threatening her daughter or grandkids. That is if she didn't just beat and kick them unto mortal injuries. She can get wound up, is just a belt test from having a Black Belt in Karate and used to fight in tournaments.

SJ
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”