MA: Two physicians tied up and throats slit...

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MA: Two physicians tied up and throats slit...

Post by Abraham »

habitual criminal...?

...it's ok to be a garden variety criminal? - A perfectly acceptable reason for them to stay, they should keep their green card of course, but if habitual, well then, and apparently only then, they should be booted...give me strength

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

sbrawley wrote:
philip964 wrote:“According to what law-enforcement sources are telling me, he is apparently a green-card holder […] The one thing they stress to you when you have a green card is, you’re a ‘permanent resident,’ but it’s not permanent if you’re not law-abiding. In other words, if you break the law, if you commit a crime, your green card should be revoked. Then obviously if your green card is revoked, then ipso facto, you should be deported. Why wasn’t this guy deported?

He committed the crime […] He was convicted of it. He was sentenced to prison. He, in fact, even had probation on top of prison. So why was the green card not rescinded? Now the question may lie with the judge."

Apparently the murderer was convicted of two robberies prior to murdering the two doctors. The judge in the case sentenced him to 364 days in jail. If she had sentenced him to 365 days in jail, he would have been subject to deportation. So at least some in Boston are not as liberal as you might expect and are blaming the judge in part for this murder.

Of course they are forgetting who was President at the time, he would have never been deported, even if she had sentenced him to a year.
Not entirely true, according to my former ICE supervisor. In legalese 365 is not always a year because of leap year and something else to do with sentencing and the way days work. However, if his sentence was 12 months or 1 year formally then yeah he would be seeing an immigration judge (IJ).
Also, residents are given more leniency because they are residents, but if the crime is serious or they're proving to be habitual criminals then their green cards can be taken away.
I question why he was given given such a light sentence for robbing two banks. I know a guy who is in prison for 50 years for robbing three. I guess the third one is charmed.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

o b juan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by o b juan »

Sorry you missed it.
I was refering to your statement of
" justifying their ability of supporting themselves"

It just read like justifaction of the double murder. I could have chosen a nicer word instead of idiot, apology given/ I had an extra bourbon
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”