I have a dim view of the future for humanity

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

I have a dim view of the future for humanity

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-teens-char ... 00588.html

Three teenagers steal a car with a six year old inside. Mom left the child alone in the car when she ran inside a Kroger in Mississippi.

Car later found with the dead child inside. A single bullet to the head.

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I have a dim view of the future for humanity

Post by cmgee67 »

I have no words but Gods will be done....
Prayers for the Frazier family and loved ones

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

philip964 wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-teens-char ... 00588.html

Three teenagers steal a car with a six year old inside. Mom left the child alone in the car when she ran inside a Kroger in Mississippi.

Car later found with the dead child inside. A single bullet to the head.
Yes, sad. But examples of stupid and cruel are readily available in the everyday news.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

So many lives forever lost and ruined. May justice be swift!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

doncb

Post by doncb »

I lost my faith in humanity and other things a long time ago. This is a prime example of society falling apart and unfortunately stupidity, ignorance, hate, you name it is winning hands down.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke. I hope things like this give us all resolve to do what we can for good to win.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

"Think how stupid the average man is.
Now realize that 50% of mankind is even stupider than him!"

George Carlin.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

“The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness.” - George Carlin
"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the poop [Carlin used a different word that's getting automatically edited] from your path." - George Carlin
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

doncb wrote:I lost my faith in humanity and other things a long time ago. This is a prime example of society falling apart and unfortunately stupidity, ignorance, hate, you name it is winning hands down.

Atlas Is Shrugging

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

One of the terrible moments is how the poor child's father found out his boy was dead. He drove up to where the sheriff was giving a press conference about the killing, and heard the sheriff tell the reporters about his son's death. Nobody had notified him first.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-neo-n ... 10002.html

Former Neo Nazi converted to Islam then killed his two roommates for disrespecting Islam.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

doncb wrote:I lost my faith in humanity and other things a long time ago. This is a prime example of society falling apart and unfortunately stupidity, ignorance, hate, you name it is winning hands down.
:iagree:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I see it differently. My parents suffered through the great depression that was followed by the brutal wars in Germany Japan Korea. A few of my family didn't make it. Followed by the Viet Nam war I lost some good friends .. Our corrupt government conceded to the communist to ensure that 58,000 people would die for nothing. I remember double digit inflation that turned our savings into pennies. I also remember when it was illegal to carry a side arm in Texas, and when defending our homes could put one into illegal jeopordy.

The problem is that transitions into a more perfect world isn't smooth and bumpless. today is a better world than it has ever been. We live longer and better and more productive lives. We redefined poverty from being the starving. To those who are well fed and sheltered, but may be struggling paying their I-phone bill. War has always been 'ell but today but those who sacrifice are fewer, and to those who suffer more hope than ever is available. I see people living normal and full lives after being diagnosed with diseases that a couple of decades ago would have been death sentences. For decades crimerates have drastically dropped. It doesn't seem that way because 24 hour news cycles and the speed of social media nothing happens quietly. There is nothing new about horrendous crimes.. It's been going on ever since Cain slew Able
In decades past Nazi's slew the Jews, homosexuals Gypsies and anyone else that displeased them by the thousands, Stalin sent millions to die. China sacrificed Millions for a cultural revolution. Turkey practically exterminated the Armenian people. and the Khmer Rouge of Cambodia wiped out 20% of their population. Today we deal wit Islamic Jihadist. people who are terrible but still don't compare in horror to those in decades past.

Everyone's experience is different. We all have the perspective from our own lives and experiences. Personally, my life is better than what I grew up with. and is a lot nicer and easier than what my parents ang grandparents experience. My children and grandchildren have great futures and more oportunities than my parents and I had.

I think conservatives by nature tend to want to make things better. Therefore we focus on the bad things that surround our lives that need fixing. If we look close though, reasonable people will understand that the future looks exciting for more and more people. I see the progress we have made on 2nd amendment rights and Jim Crowe becoming history as well as newer issues cropping up such as government invasion of privacy and BLM. I think the future today is as bright as it was for me when I was a young boy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

george wrote:
OneGun wrote:So many lives forever lost and ruined. May justice be swift!
A just God would have killed me long ago.
God is Just. His justice is what prompts His mercy that prompts His grace.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”