London Bridge: Another terror attack

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: London Bridge: Another terror attack

Post by ScottDLS »

I now have 2 assembled AR-15's and two stripped lowers. Soon I will have 4 ARs. I will hand them out to the wife and kids if that's what it takes to protect my neighborhood...If the stuff really hits the fan I will even bring a couple of registered full autos to the party.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

nonleg

Post by nonleg »

So, I landed in London Friday and went sightseeing yesterday. I traveresed about nine miles in the central city, including London bridge and the market area where the rampage occurred (five or six hours before it happened. The hotel kindly called me at 11AM this morning to make sure I was ok, lol.

1. European counter terrorism seems to focus on what worked 20 years ago. I had a heck of a time finding a garbage can for my water bottle, for instance (I presume their removal was due to the IRA).

2. I saw police presence TWICE in close to nine hours of walking in the city. One of these was a small van of coppers getting takeaway within .25 mile of the incident. The other wasn't even police proper, but empty police vans stashed next to the Waterloo tube station. That was it.

3. Sadly, while walking across Black Friar's bridge, I noticed that there were no barriers of any sort between the roadway and the crowded pedestrian walkways. Everyone was on the east? side of the bridge to better capture pics of the Tower of London and the bridge, so I went on the opposite side away from the crowd (more out of annoyance than anti-terrorism spidey sense). The lack of barriers was the same on the three or four bridges I crossed during the day.

4. The *total* lack of reaction by people a mile away was stunning. I got the alert on my watch from FoxNews and the DailyMail a few beers into the night. Even after it was clear that most people had seen the news (no TVs in the bar) in one way or another, nobody did *anything.* When I say "do anything," I mean nobody talked about it, nobody called their pals, they just continued on smoking (outside), drinking, and making plans with people on the phone. I asked about this ~90 minutes after the incident, and got a limp wristed line about, "if we don't carry on the terrorists win." OK, I get the supposed British stiff upper lip, but it was blase beyond belief.

5. During the day, that area of the London Bridge market area was oddly enough more Asian (Indian, Chinese, etc.) than white. There were better markets/areas to hit if you were looking for infidels.

6. One of the three biggest news stories of the day on the web over here is the "disgusting and shameful" implementation of surge pricing on Uber. Of course, this happens automatically, and was almost immediately suspended. Yet another stunning lack of economic sense on behalf of the press.

7. It was awesome that they dropped the SAS on the bridge in the middle of the city :)
Let's not overthink this. Whatever it is.

nonleg

Post by nonleg »

Oh, and in the Imperial War Museum, there was this exhibit (see pic.) "Edmund Clark: War of Terror" exhibit.

Don't be alarmed, there was no mention of actual terrorists,the entire exhibit was about rendition, the CIA, and how the UK government put people under surveillance. :mad5
Let's not overthink this. Whatever it is.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

"if we don't carry on the terrorists win."
They once had the same attitude about Nazi Germany, their leadership's appeasement strategy didn't work then either.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weg »

Just read that the first officer to respond to the attack was armed only with a baton, and was seriously injured. I'm going to assume it was not that officers choice to only be armed with a baton, but rather the policy of the department he/she reported to. Amazing stupidity. Prayers for that heroic officer, and shame on those that made him under armed.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

While the Western world is busy mincing words, jihadis are busy plotting how to mince our flesh next.

Insanity. No sense of self preservation. The generation that fought Hitler is collectively rolling in their graves.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Police ran away, people forced to defend themselves with furniture...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06 ... -ran-away/
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Qualifier: I'm NOT advocating terrorism towards Muslims.

That said, I wonder what the world reaction would be if other religious types, that's too say, non-Muslims would start in, in kind to murder Muslims in the same way they're doing it to innocent non-Muslims?

Setting off suicide bombs in Mecca or at the Hajj, swerving vehicles into innocent Muslims simply going about the business of walking on the sidewalk, or simply whipping out a gun and shooting innocent Muslims in stores and so on and on and on...

Right now, there's little outrage when Muslims perform this type murder to non-Muslims. It's getting so the public is growing callous when it happens and even accepting.

Like, hey man, it's just part of living the big city, as the mayor of London expressed the other day.

What's going to happen if the shoe goes on the other foot...?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:Qualifier: I'm NOT advocating terrorism towards Muslims.

That said, I wonder what the world reaction would be if other religious types, that's too say, non-Muslims would start in, in kind to murder Muslims in the same way they're doing it to innocent non-Muslims?

Setting off suicide bombs in Mecca or at the Hajj, swerving vehicles into innocent Muslims simply going about the business of walking on the sidewalk, or simply whipping out a gun and shooting innocent Muslims in stores and so on and on and on...

Right now, there's little outrage when Muslims perform this type murder to non-Muslims. It's getting so the public is growing callous when it happens and even accepting.

Like, hey man, it's just part of living the big city, as the mayor of London expressed the other day.

Good question! The above having been asked does raise another question. When are the good muslims going to start ridding their ranks of the bad muslims?

philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

Any one notice the police ended the murderous rampage with guns.

Guns keep the peace.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

Oldgringo wrote:

Good question! The above having been asked does raise another question. When are the good muslims going to start ridding their ranks of the bad muslims?
More Muslims are killed by other Muslims than by non-Muslims
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Shia and Sunni are quite busy doing this to themselves, without Jewish or Christian participation. ISIS is killing more Muslims than anyone else, though that's because there aren't any other faiths left in their currently controlled locations. :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Sport Coach »

I think President Trump nailed it in his speech to the Saudis - terrorism is your problem to solve, we're here to help but it's still you're problem to solve. How they won't recognize that their own are killing their own and it's only getting worse is beyond me. As is said before about leftists, there is a mental disorder here when people refuse to acknowledge the reality in front of their faces.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

" More Muslims are killed by other Muslims than by non-Muslims"

I guess that means we should be grateful they don't kill more non-Muslims than they do, eh?

Therefore, we should passively sit and quit worrying about being slaughtered my Islamist Jihadis, after all they're killing more of themselves than us...so what's the problem or big deal? A few thousand killed here and a couple of hundred there, men, women, children, there's plenty to go around...

I for one, don't buy this apologists approach to being slaughtered. You may all you care to, but I won't, ever.

So what if Muslims are killing more Muslims than non-Muslims?

Because of that they should get a non-Muslim slaughter discount - they're targeting non-Muslims on a regular basis and you're come back is 'well, they're killing more of themselves than us non-Muslims so they gain a 'get out of jail free pass"?

You think what they do in the way of non-Muslim slaughter is no big deal, just ignore it, honestly it's no big deal.

Ah, unless it's your loved ones (or you) being slaughtered, then your perspective might just change...and you know what, it could be you or a loved one next time.

Your kind of thinking in essence says and accepts: They can kill us non-Muslims because we're not the only ones to suffer at the hands of their evil? Why should we be exempt?

If that's not apparent, go right ahead, pretend the horrors they perpetuate are merely piffling, noble even and accept it.

I won't.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:" More Muslims are killed by other Muslims than by non-Muslims"

I guess that means we should be grateful they don't kill more non-Muslims than they do, eh?

Therefore, we should passively sit and quit worrying about being slaughtered my Islamist Jihadis, after all they're killing more of themselves than us...so what's the problem or big deal? A few thousand killed here and a couple of hundred there, men, women, children, there's plenty to go around...

I for one, don't buy this apologists approach to being slaughtered. You may all you care to, but I won't, ever.

So what if Muslims are killing more Muslims than non-Muslims?

Because of that they should get a non-Muslim slaughter discount - they're targeting non-Muslims on a regular basis and you're come back is 'well, they're killing more of themselves than us non-Muslims so they gain a 'get out of jail free pass"?

You think what they do in the way of non-Muslim slaughter is no big deal, just ignore it, honestly it's no big deal.

Ah, unless it's your loved ones (or you) being slaughtered, then your perspective might just change...and you know what, it could be you or a loved one next time.

Your kind of thinking in essence says and accepts: They can kill us non-Muslims because we're not the only ones to suffer at the hands of their evil? Why so we be exempt?

If that's not apparent, go right ahead, pretend what they is piffling, noble even and accept it.

I won't.
:clapping: :iagree: :clapping:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”