Lethal thumb nail

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Lethal thumb nail

Post by WTR »

My friends chased down a robber. He had no visable weapon and was very slight in stature ( 5' 8" 120 lbs..... Heroin addict). He was chased down, cornered and they moved in to restrain him. He began flaying his hand at them wildly. He was taken down and they found he had a piece of razor blade glued under his thumb nail. His parole was violated and he was sent back to serve the remainder of a 10 year sentence.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Lethal thumb nail

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Good Lord! I've never heard of that. It sounds nasty, but it doesn't sound even close to lethal. Why would someone go through the trouble of doing that?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Good Lord! I've never heard of that. It sounds nasty, but it doesn't sound even close to lethal. Why would someone go through the trouble of doing that?

If that Razor blade met up with your neck or layer your belly open, it sure could be lethal. I guess it is just a cheap way to intimidate or back someone off. First time I had ever seen or heard of it. He was just a junkie stealing for his next fix.
Last edited by WTR on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

No one needs an "assault fingernail" :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

bblhd672 wrote:No one needs an "assault fingernail" :biggrinjester:
Goes to show that even if you can not see a weapon you don't want someone getting to close to you.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

After September 1 that razor blade will be legal under the new knife laws!
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

If he was truly an addict, he could have used the blade to cut up his powder, or even open an area for injection if his veins are too shot after so much abuse. Pretty nasty, just a minor cut from one could pass along all kinds of diseases, you don't want.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

WTR wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Good Lord! I've never heard of that. It sounds nasty, but it doesn't sound even close to lethal. Why would someone go through the trouble of doing that?
If that Razor blade met up with your neck or layer your belly open, it sure could be lethal. I guess it is just a cheap way to intimidate or back someone off. First time I had ever seen or heard of it. He was just a junkie stealing for his next fix.
Yeah, I can see how you could get badly cut, I just am having difficulty imagining how long the blade is to do anything worse than a nasty laceration. Maybe a failure of imagination on my part.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WTR wrote:
Yeah, I can see how you could get badly cut, I just am having difficulty imagining how long the blade is to do anything worse than a nasty laceration. Maybe a failure of imagination on my part.
What I saw it was protruding about 1/4 "....enough to slice a carotid artery.

The Annoyed Man

WTR wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WTR wrote:
Wow, that much. Can you imagine how complicated his life was with that thing glued in place? :mrgreen: What if he had an itch of a "personal" nature? "rlol"

Seriously though, glad you were not hurt.

#TINVOWOOT

PBR

Post by PBR »

thief's also use the blade to cut off tags or sensors -- have seen it several times, also just used to fight off someone if need too or cut officer just so they can
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

This weapon may not be lethal, but IMO it is using deadly force.
(46) "Serious bodily injury" means bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death,
serious permanent disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.
An attack like this on me would be responded to with deadly force. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WTR wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
WTR wrote:
Wow, that much. Can you imagine how complicated his life was with that thing glued in place? :mrgreen: What if he had an itch of a "personal" nature? "rlol"

Seriously though, glad you were not hurt.
Actually, I did not arrive until the perp had been subdued. Not until he was spread eagle on the ground with 3 big boys standing and kneeling on various parts of his body, did they the razor blade trick. Luckily, no one was hurt other than a very emaciated addict.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Me and my boys keep razor blades under the peaks of our caps. Mess wi' us an we'll cut your eyes out! That's whot ya' get for messing with the Peaky Blinders!

https://www.netflix.com/title/80002479
Last edited by ScottDLS on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

The Annoyed Man

WTR wrote:My friends chased down a robber. He had no visable weapon and was very slight in stature ( 5' 8" 120 lbs..... Heroin addict). He was chased down, cornered and they moved in to restrain him. He began flaying his hand at them wildly. He was taken down and they found he had a piece of razor blade glued under his thumb nail. His parole was violated and he was sent back to serve the remainder of a 10 year sentence.
I forgot to ask, are your friends LEO, or were they responding to him trying to rob them or a friend?

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “The Crime Blotter”