Lethal thumb nail

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Lethal thumb nail

Post by WTR »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
WTR wrote:My friends chased down a robber. He had no visable weapon and was very slight in stature ( 5' 8" 120 lbs..... Heroin addict). He was chased down, cornered and they moved in to restrain him. He began flaying his hand at them wildly. He was taken down and they found he had a piece of razor blade glued under his thumb nail. His parole was violated and he was sent back to serve the remainder of a 10 year sentence.
I forgot to ask, are your friends LEO, or were they responding to him trying to rob them or a friend?
He just picked the wrong office parking lot. They chased him down and held him for the Police.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

WTR wrote:My friends chased down a robber. He had no visable weapon and was very slight in stature ( 5' 8" 120 lbs..... Heroin addict). He was chased down, cornered and they moved in to restrain him. He began flaying his hand at them wildly. He was taken down and they found he had a piece of razor blade glued under his thumb nail. His parole was violated and he was sent back to serve the remainder of a 10 year sentence.
Irrespective of how efficient that may or may not be; doesn't that constitute 'aggravated assault' by the junkie under Texas law?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
Irrespective of how efficient that may or may not be; doesn't that constitute 'aggravated assault' by the junkie under Texas law?
Citizens arrest.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “The Crime Blotter”