Civilian who shot suspect fleeing from police arrested

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Civilian who shot suspect fleeing from police arrested

Post by Abraham »

"This may be a case of the cops bein' irate 'cause a citizen had to to do their job for them,..."

Very interesting...

Do you keep your LTC in a badge holder strapped to your belt?

E10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E10 »

I don't have a LTC badge, but I got a silverbelly cowboy hat (it's a lot nicer than what the DPS folks wear). I didn't say I would do what it appears Pitts did - I'm just sayin' we might reserve judgment until we have more information. I do believe that we all have some responsibility to help others and to promote public safety, whether or not we are legally carrying a firearm. How far each of us go toward that cause is a personal choice, and very dependent on particular circumstances. That PoliceOne website might also have an agenda working to avoid making cops look bad.

I know it's just TV, but I watched a rerun 'Law and Order' episode last night that had a similar plot. A citizen's vehicle pursuit of a murderer/kidnapper resulted in an accident that killed the perpetrator and his kidnappee and injured several bystanders. In spite of the program's liberal leanings (it is New York, y'know), the citizen was acquitted of murder. Even juries can fall for a hero.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

O.K.
E10,

"I do believe that we all have some responsibility to help others and to promote public safety, whether or not we are legally carrying a firearm."

Please elaborate on the above, especially the part regarding the "promote public safety".

Thanks!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”