IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.google.com/amp/wgntv.com/20 ... ctims/amp/

I'm having trouble understanding the world I live in today.

The news video I saw the car was in a ditch on its crushed roof.

RIP

Oh Lord no, he may have a CHL.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.theindyc ... timid.html

He was shot 14 times.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-chief ... 14686.html

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Re: IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Post by WildBill »

This is just horrible.
I wonder why the other officer on the scene did not return fire.

RIP Lt. Allan. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Post by flechero »

The fist article linked said 2 officer's returned fire.

What a sad story for all the families involved.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

I wonder if the accident broke something in his brain. The guy had a reputation for being level headed and non-violent. Is it possible for an accident like this to happen and turn anyone of us into a killer? If this is the case could the leftist gun grabbers actually have a point? Although if we can break our brains like this these situations are apparently rare enough that statistically, it's non-existant.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

WildBill wrote:This is just horrible.
I wonder why the other officer on the scene did not return fire.

RIP Lt. Allan. :tiphat:

Articles I read (not at my finger tips right now) said there were two other cops on scene and they did fire back.
USAF 1982-2005

Darth Paul

Post by Darth Paul »

I am not defending the trapped man, nor am I condemning him. I do not know what happened and how the shooting occurred. But you seem, in my opinion, to have come to the conclusion that because the shooting has not been justified to the media that there is no justification for it. This is simply not true.

strogg

Post by strogg »

We'll have to see. Maybe he got himself in a bind with the wrong group and was transporting something he shouldn't have been? Maybe he's an undiagnosed paranoid schizo? Maybe the crash activated his inert mkultra programming? (I'm 100% sarcastic with the last one, of course) Who knows...

All we can do now is keep Lt. Allan and everyone else affected in our prayers.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Darth Paul wrote:I am not defending the trapped man, nor am I condemning him. I do not know what happened and how the shooting occurred. But you seem, in my opinion, to have come to the conclusion that because the shooting has not been justified to the media that there is no justification for it. This is simply not true.
A news report said that he was bent down near the ground (the car is upside down with the roof partially crushed down) attempting to talk to the wife or girlfriend inside the car when the murderer shot him 14 times.

The only defense I can see that that his attorney can use to avoid a life in prison was that he was high on marijuana and perceived the police officer as a boogie man. The murderer had previously been convicted of marijuana possession and marijuana was found in the car. BTW no mention of another car in the accident, so I am assuming a single car accident, which would have probably lead to his arrest for DUI.

The police officer was nicknamed "Teddy Bear", he had just recently been promoted to lieutenant, a paid position. Most of the 40 officers on the police force in this small town are volunteers.

Very sad, RIP Teddy Bear.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Liberty wrote:I wonder if the accident broke something in his brain. The guy had a reputation for being level headed and non-violent. Is it possible for an accident like this to happen and turn anyone of us into a killer?
This is absolutely a possible explanation, and I had the same thought. This is such a sad story.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Darth Paul

Post by Darth Paul »

Why is it unacceptable to rush to judgement when a cop shoots an unarmed woman, or cops at the wrong address shoot a man inside his own home, but not when a cop is the one shot?

I'm waiting until all the facts are in.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Liberty wrote:I wonder if the accident broke something in his brain. The guy had a reputation for being level headed and non-violent. Is it possible for an accident like this to happen and turn anyone of us into a killer?
This is absolutely a possible explanation, and I had the same thought. This is such a sad story.
I hadn't thought of this possibility. Perhaps if he was knocked unconscious and woke up disoriented and didn't know what was happening??? :headscratch

I also noticed that he had a 2013 conviction for marijuana possession, but still has a concealed carry permit. Maybe the law in Indiana is less strict than Texas.
Last edited by WildBill on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

WildBill wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
I hadn't thought of this possibility. Perhaps if he was knocked unconscious and woke up disoriented and didn't know what was happening??? :headscratch
I've been doing a lot of study on the brain lately....this is actually a strong possibility/probability
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I think it will be very telling whether the man was carrying his firearm legally or illegally.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Quote: Maybe the law in Indiana is less strict than Texas.

Very much so.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Carrying of a handgun in a vehicle is legal by a licensed individual. If not licesened the person can carry in a owned or leased vehicle. However, the handgun must be be unloaded and secured.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”