IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

WTR wrote:Brain trama is very unlikely to have such a quick onset. Being scared or parinoid due to drug use is much more likely.
Yet another case where the tox screen is probably going to provide the solution. I'm guessing he traded weed for something less botanical. Is it meth-amphetamine that makes you paranoid?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IN: LEO helping rescue trapped victims in a car accident is murdered by one of the trapped men.

Post by 1911 10MM »

I wonder how long he was hanging upside down?

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ninjabread »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
WTR wrote:Brain trama is very unlikely to have such a quick onset. Being scared or parinoid due to drug use is much more likely.
Yet another case where the tox screen is probably going to provide the solution. I'm guessing he traded weed for something less botanical. Is it meth-amphetamine that makes you paranoid?
Does anyone know if Mohamed Noor had a tox screen to explain his paranoia?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

ninjabread wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
Does anyone know if Mohamed Noor had a tox screen to explain his paranoia?
If it was a truck driver involved with a traffic accident, or a petrochem worker who got injured on the job there would be tox screen.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.com/20 ... ficer/amp/

Details of murder. Shot multiple times while trying to crawl away. Murderer fired until the slide went back, then he dropped it and it fell to the roof of the BMW.

Officer had taken his son to kindergarten that morning.

RIP

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DevilDawg »

^^^ that report is far more damning of the shooter than the previous versions. I am doubtful the marijuana baggies spilling are what had him driving erratically and certainly shouldn't have played into his "flaying about hysterically" trying to get out of the seatbelt. Still no justification as to shooting the officer, or anyone trying to help him. Time will certainly determine what went wrong in his head, and I believe the trial will make sure he has plenty of it.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

DevilDawg wrote:^^^ that report is far more damning of the shooter than the previous versions. I am doubtful the marijuana baggies spilling are what had him driving erratically and certainly shouldn't have played into his "flaying about hysterically" trying to get out of the seatbelt. Still no justification as to shooting the officer, or anyone trying to help him. Time will certainly determine what went wrong in his head, and I believe the trial will make sure he has plenty of it.
This reminds me of a patient I worked with in the ER.....not in the particulars of a car accident, but in the patient's behavior. He had smoked some weed earlier, and was brought to us in an incoherent state.....way out of proportion to the effects of weed. In fact, this is the origins of my back problems. Turns out the weed was laced with PCP. The patient grew more disturbed as we wheeled him into the room. Then, before we could get some restraints on him, he suddenly popped up off the gurney and ran out into the hall screaming that the devil was after him, with me in hot pursuit. I took him down to the floor and pinned him until security could get there....which wasn't that long. But on the way to the floor, I hit the ground really hard with my lower back, and it has never been the same since. But my back isn't the point of the story. The point of the story is that we had a patient whose history was nothing more than smoking some weed with his brother. His brother, who hadn't smoked yet, had called paramedics as the patient's behavior departed from the norms for having smoked a little grass.

In the OP story, we have a guy who was seemingly normal and happy who leaves to pick up a friend. After picking up the friend (the passenger in the car), and now in the possession of a bag full of baggies of weed (intent to distribute), he wrecks his car. I'd be willing to bet that he "had a little taste" of what's in those baggies, and that a toxicology report on their contents would reveal that the weed inside had been laced with something like PCP.

That is EXACTLY the kind of thing that would make a man behave the way he did.....especially after finding himself rattled around inside the car like dice in a can and ending up suspended upside down in his seatbelt. For all we know, he may have perceived the approaching officer as a demon come to take him to hades.

I've seen a PCP patient break his own upper arm while flexing against his leather restraints on the gurney. I've seen another PCP patient come charging out of the room with the EMS gurney still strapped to his back, shedding doctor and nurses like fleas. My money is on Jason Brown having been dosed with PCP while having a taste of the same contraband found in his car when he went to pick it up from his dealer.

.....which also paints a picture of a license holder who was not a law-abiding person - nice guy or not.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

:iagree: So far, the most plausible explanation. I had forgotten that PCP was even still around.
NRA Endowment Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

^^ makes sense....add a brain trauma and you've got a mess.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Just the fact that he was wearing a seat belt greatly reduces the chance of brain trama.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It may be as simple as he thought he still had a chance to get away if he shot the officer and could free himself.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

mojo84 wrote:It may be as simple as he thought he still had a chance to get away if he shot the officer and could free himself.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would think this.
NRA Endowment Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

WildBill wrote:
mojo84 wrote:It may be as simple as he thought he still had a chance to get away if he shot the officer and could free himself.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would think this.
Desperate people do desperate things.

People in their right minds don't shoot people for their Nikes but it happens.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
DevilDawg wrote:^^^ that report is far more damning of the shooter than the previous versions. I am doubtful the marijuana baggies spilling are what had him driving erratically and certainly shouldn't have played into his "flaying about hysterically" trying to get out of the seatbelt. Still no justification as to shooting the officer, or anyone trying to help him. Time will certainly determine what went wrong in his head, and I believe the trial will make sure he has plenty of it.
This reminds me of a patient I worked with in the ER.....not in the particulars of a car accident, but in the patient's behavior. He had smoked some weed earlier, and was brought to us in an incoherent state.....way out of proportion to the effects of weed. In fact, this is the origins of my back problems. Turns out the weed was laced with PCP. The patient grew more disturbed as we wheeled him into the room. Then, before we could get some restraints on him, he suddenly popped up off the gurney and ran out into the hall screaming that the devil was after him, with me in hot pursuit. I took him down to the floor and pinned him until security could get there....which wasn't that long. But on the way to the floor, I hit the ground really hard with my lower back, and it has never been the same since. But my back isn't the point of the story. The point of the story is that we had a patient whose history was nothing more than smoking some weed with his brother. His brother, who hadn't smoked yet, had called paramedics as the patient's behavior departed from the norms for having smoked a little grass.

In the OP story, we have a guy who was seemingly normal and happy who leaves to pick up a friend. After picking up the friend (the passenger in the car), and now in the possession of a bag full of baggies of weed (intent to distribute), he wrecks his car. I'd be willing to bet that he "had a little taste" of what's in those baggies, and that a toxicology report on their contents would reveal that the weed inside had been laced with something like PCP.

That is EXACTLY the kind of thing that would make a man behave the way he did.....especially after finding himself rattled around inside the car like dice in a can and ending up suspended upside down in his seatbelt. For all we know, he may have perceived the approaching officer as a demon come to take him to hades.

I've seen a PCP patient break his own upper arm while flexing against his leather restraints on the gurney. I've seen another PCP patient come charging out of the room with the EMS gurney still strapped to his back, shedding doctor and nurses like fleas. My money is on Jason Brown having been dosed with PCP while having a taste of the same contraband found in his car when he went to pick it up from his dealer.

.....which also paints a picture of a license holder who was not a law-abiding person - nice guy or not.
I agree that the key to understanding this will be in the toxicology report.

Whether he had smoked / ingested / injected PCP, bath salts, or one of the dozens of analogue drugs out there, I strongly suspect this will be determined to be the cause of his murderously insane behavior.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Woman here in Houston is facing 99 years now after being found guilty of killing a police officer while drunk in a car.

Will this be different?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/woma ... nd-officer

Return to “The Crime Blotter”