How Far Would You Go To Help?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How Far Would You Go To Help?

Post by crazy2medic »

I have spent over half my life helping others in distress, I walked into burning buildings that others were trying to get out of, spent years as a EMT and last twelve as a Paramedic, not doing anything for me would be next to impossible, certainly would not stand idly by while somebody was beat to death, not sure in that paticular circumstance what I would do exactly but years of forming a game plan in just moments is something I am very practiced at!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

RogueUSMC wrote:Doctrine...you have to establish yours.

A country's military trains under a given doctrine. In WWII, Russia's doctrine was throw the kitchen sink in there and the heck with casualties. American forces do not and have never adopted that doctrine but doctrine it was.

You have planning and you have doctrine. Planning is done to apply to a given tactical or strategic situation. Once contact is made, the plan usually deviates from it's original form to adapt to the situation that has been changed by the enemy's actions. This is where doctrine takes over.

If platoon 'A' loses comm with platoon 'B', platoon leader 'A' knows roughly what platoon leader 'B' will do next because of doctrine. They can coordinate to a certain extent without communication.

When carrying a gun, you need to establish your doctrine for yourself. Well, this applies to other facets of life as well but...

Your doctrine needs to be decided before the call for it is needed. If you draw your gun, plan to use it...if you use it, plan to stop the threat...stopping the threat is best accomplished by stopping a heartbeat. The answers that are established here will be doctrine.

The only decisions that should need to be made IN the situation is when/if to stop that process already determined by doctrine.

If you wait until you are in a situation to decide how to handle it, you are doing yourself and those others involved a disservice...
Well said. Great post.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Jago668 wrote:I view them being confined as a bonus. It limits their ability to move off the X once you start shooting. I would barely have to track targets, you could almost just blind fire in a straight line.
That was my thoughts when I saw the video.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

jason812 wrote:
Jago668 wrote:I view them being confined as a bonus. It limits their ability to move off the X once you start shooting. I would barely have to track targets, you could almost just blind fire in a straight line.
That was my thoughts when I saw the video.
It also limits your ability to put distance between you and your target. 5-7 targets moving towards you from a close distance.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

WTR wrote:What is your rationale for not intervenelng on the platform which is not confined?
That would depend on the environment. If I was able to keep distance from the mob of attackers and there was no threat of hitting an innocent on the other side, things would likely be different. There is not enough information in that video to tell me what was to the left and right to make that determination.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WTR »

Flightmare wrote:
WTR wrote:What is your rationale for not intervenelng on the platform which is not confined?
That would depend on the environment. If I was able to keep distance from the mob of attackers and there was no threat of hitting an innocent on the other side, things would likely be different. There is not enough information in that video to tell me what was to the left and right to make that determination.
Would it depend on the environment if was one of your family members were be beaten unconscious? However, you want the perfect "environment " to come to the aid of a man being beaten by a mob of thugs.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

And this dialog here demonstrates why the fascist Libs will eat our lunch, and our dinner, if we continue to pelt each other senselessly. We can't agree on anything :smilelol5:

Can we all just agree how slimy and detestable the parasitic Lib drones are?

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

WTR wrote: Would it depend on the environment if was one of your family members were be beaten unconscious? However, you want the perfect "environment " to come to the aid of a man being beaten by a mob of thugs.
Whether or not my immediate loved one was involved would definitely make a difference in terms of whether or not I engaged, given the same environment. In other words, if it were my wife or child being beaten, I would absolutely engage and not be as concerned with the environment than I would if it were a complete stranger. I am much more willing to take greater risks to protect my family than I would a stranger, and honestly, less concerned about possible collateral damage.

Does that make me a coward, or less of a man because I might not do the same for a stranger? I don't think so; I think it makes me a husband and a father.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

parabelum wrote:Can we all just agree how slimy and detestable the parasitic Lib drones are?

What if this was pld on pld violence? Maybe we're better off letting them fight.

:boxing
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

mloamiller wrote:
WTR wrote: Would it depend on the environment if was one of your family members were be beaten unconscious? However, you want the perfect "environment " to come to the aid of a man being beaten by a mob of thugs.
Whether or not my immediate loved one was involved would definitely make a difference in terms of whether or not I engaged, given the same environment. In other words, if it were my wife or child being beaten, I would absolutely engage and not be as concerned with the environment than I would if it were a complete stranger. I am much more willing to take greater risks to protect my family than I would a stranger, and honestly, less concerned about possible collateral damage.

Does that make me a coward, or less of a man because I might not do the same for a stranger? I don't think so; I think it makes me a husband and a father.
:iagree: The Fire Support Annex to my OPLAN assigns priority of fires to those for whom I am directly responsible. On Order shift of fires should the situation allow.
70% disabled Vietnam Era vet. Commo and fires is the best I have to offer.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

oljames3 wrote:
mloamiller wrote:

:iagree: The Fire Support Annex to my OPLAN assigns priority of fires to those for whom I am directly responsible. On Order shift of fires should the situation allow.
What does your disability have to do with it?

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

WTR wrote:
oljames3 wrote:
mloamiller wrote:

Disability has everything to do with it. Simply those who suffer old age or disability cannot act as those with good health or youth could.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

carlson1 wrote:
WTR wrote:
oljames3 wrote:
mloamiller wrote:

Disability has everything to do with it. Simply those who suffer old age or disability cannot act as those with good health or youth could.
I reckon I have more disability than the majority' of folks here. I won't be worth anything physically. However, I can shoot and shoot well. I not about to stand by and watch anyone beaten. I'm no sheep.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 4

Post by nightmare69 »

WTR wrote:
I reckon I have more disability than the majority' of folks here. I won't be worth anything physically. However, I can shoot and shoot well. I not about to stand by and watch anyone beaten. I'm no sheep.

Godspeed, Mr. Wick
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”