Road rager pointed gun at woman

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Road rager pointed gun at woman

Post by 1911 10MM »

Oldgringo wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:On big dirfferance between speeding and impeding traffic is that general speeding does not affect the drivers around them whereby the self appointed speed monitor is affecting the 1 or more drivers trying to get around them. I find that those impeding traffic are doing it for their own selfish reasons and find enjoyment in seeing the 1 or more cars behind them. I think it gives the self appointed monitors a feeling of gratification and self importance.
Speaking of self appointed....... :roll:
Was that directed at the mirror?

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:Responding to a wrong with a wrong is not appropriate. If the lady was doing something wrong or illegal, the guy should have dialed 911 and reported her. He didn't. He pulled a gun and pointed it at her.

As far as I can tell, the woman has not been cited for doing anything illegal. Justifying a road rager's illegal actions does no good. I too get extremely frustrated when someone is hogging the left lane and impeding traffic. However, I have never considered pulling my gun because of it.
:iagree:, even we old folk encounter a road hog every now and then but as frustrating as it is, I know that it's not forever so I don't feel the need to go :fire OR try to pass in a no passing zone or something equally dangerous and stupid.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I found myself going too slow for Lou Gigliotti a few years ago at Virginia International Raceway :biggrinjester:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Bitter Clinger wrote:I found myself going too slow for Lou Gigliotti a few years ago at Virginia International Raceway :biggrinjester:

You didn't point a gun at him did you? :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Post by allisji »

Bitter Clinger wrote:I found myself going too slow for Lou Gigliotti a few years ago at Virginia International Raceway :biggrinjester:

Looks like you did the right thing by staying to the right and not impeding.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

allisji wrote:

Looks like you did the right thing by staying to the right and not impeding.
You are 100% correct. After that right hander coming into the back straight, you would normally track out to the left using the whole track for max acceleration out of the turn. But I heard what sounded like the space shuttle coming up behind me and crimped it in over to the right to avoid being run over :mrgreen:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 1911 10MM »

george wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:On big dirfferance between speeding and impeding traffic is that general speeding does not affect the drivers around them whereby the self appointed speed monitor is affecting the 1 or more drivers trying to get around them. I find that those impeding traffic are doing it for their own selfish reasons and find enjoyment in seeing the 1 or more cars behind them. I think it gives the self appointed monitors a feeling of gratification and self importance.
It is interesting that you don't think there is any reason to be in the passing lane, other than to slow you down.

Older people usually like the inner lanes, because they are uncomfortable in traffic, and trying to get through a "big city" safely.
Maybe they got over for an emergency vehicle.
Maybe the road conditions make the right lane difficult to drive on.
The right lane typically will be going much slower than the speed limit, because of all the on/off traffic.

If you want a race track, buy one.
Read and understand the law.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm as guilty as anyone on this thread, but let's get back on topic if there's anything else to post. The post is about a foolish and criminal act, not left-lane-bandits.

Chas.

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

It didn't look like the road rage tailgater was in the left lane, but even if they were, they were endangering others by their foolish and criminal act. Then after bulldogging the driver in front of them, they finally passed while pointing an object at him. I'm not surprised he thought he might have to defend himself from the road rage tailgater.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”