Road rager pointed gun at woman

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

stroo
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Road rager pointed gun at woman

Post by stroo »

Sounds like she was tailgating him. I hate it when people do that, but it doesn't even come close to justifying pulling a gun and pointing it at here.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

rotor wrote:Licensed security guard

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/driver-i ... /462984407
Not fer long.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

rotor wrote:Licensed security guard

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/driver-i ... /462984407
Hmmm..... I wonder if he is both a licensed security guard AND a LTC, or did FOX4 just confuse one for the other? Because when I heard the report, not 1 minute before posting here about it, I could have sworn that they said that "he has a CHL" (the word I specifically remember them using).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

TOPS shows a person with that first and last name is a Commissioned Security Guard - i.e. Level III armed/uniformed. In the video from WFAA TAM linked to - he is not in uniform. Fox4 article http://www.fox4news.com/news/272678334-story states: Police say Sida does have a concealed handgun license. So he might have both. Or someone confused the two licenses and he was carrying under MPA.

But in any event it was stupid! :banghead:
Ron
NRA Member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

stroo wrote:Sounds like she was tailgating him. I hate it when people do that, but it doesn't even come close to justifying pulling a gun and pointing it at here.
then he shouldn't have been going slow in the fast lane, but yeh, his behaviour.....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Oldgringo »

SewTexas wrote:
stroo wrote:Sounds like she was tailgating him. I hate it when people do that, but it doesn't even come close to justifying pulling a gun and pointing it at here.
then he shouldn't have been going slow in the fast lane, but yeh, his behaviour.....
Fast lane? Out here in the boonies, the posted speed limit is the speed limit for all lanes. Is it different in the cities? :headscratch

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

Oldgringo wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
Fast lane? Out here in the boonies, the posted speed limit is the speed limit for all lanes. Is it different in the cities? :headscratch

Actually. there are no speed limits in Texas. Only prudent speeds under the circumstances. As the left lane is for passing only, it stands to reason a vehicle in the left lane would be traveling faster than a vehicle in the right lane.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WTR wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

Actually. there are no speed limits in Texas. Only prudent speeds under the circumstances. As the left lane is for passing only, it stands to reason a vehicle in the left lane would be traveling faster than a vehicle in the right lane.
How much faster?

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Oldgringo wrote:
WTR wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

How much faster?
Any speed deferential that allows one to pass. It is an offense to impede trafic. I don't care if you are doing the posted speed. If I come up behind you going faster....you need to get over.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

WTR wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
WTR wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

How much faster?
Any speed deferential that allows one to pass. It is an offense to impede trafic. I don't care if you are doing the posted speed. If I come up behind you going faster....you need to get over.
:iagree:

The non-enforcement of this is one of my pet peeves. The left lane is for passing only. If you are in the left lane with no one in front of you and you are going at the same speed as the traffic to your right then you are in the wrong lane. It doesn't matter if you are going 180 mph. The left lane is a passing lane. Period.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This is basically the same thing that the Texas Ranger recently did after he was tailgated by someone. Except that the Ranger also got out of his vehicle and ordered the other driver out of their car at gunpoint. Based on that case, I'm assuming that this driver will get a stern talking to.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

The non-enforcement of this is one of my pet peeves. The left lane is for passing only. If you are in the left lane with no one in front of you and you are going at the same speed as the traffic to your right then you are in the wrong lane. It doesn't matter if you are going 180 mph. The left lane is a passing lane. Period.
I don't believe this is true at all. Why would they have so many exits on the left-hand side? The speed limits aren't a suggestion they are the law. Doing the speed limit helps control the speeds to the limits that are required by law. Isn't it our duty not only to obey the laws, but to encourage others to obey the laws also?

Yeah, maybe I'm trolling a little bit here, but the truth is there isn't enough road in many cases to handle all the traffic in a single lane. If you are getting impatient because of the guy doing the speed limit in the left-hand lane, maybe you're wanting to drive too fast. If you tell the officer and later on the judge that the posted speed limit was just a suggestion it's not going to go over too well. slow down relax, people are getting too impatient. Maybe leave for your destination a little earlier, and save up that pent up rage for one of those elitst leftist in Washington.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Liberty wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

I don't believe this is true at all. Why would they have so many exits on the left-hand side? The speed limits aren't a suggestion they are the law. Doing the speed limit helps control the speeds to the limits that are required by law. Isn't it our duty not only to obey the laws, but to encourage others to obey the laws also?

Yeah, maybe I'm trolling a little bit here, but the truth is there isn't enough road in many cases to handle all the traffic in a single lane. If you are getting impatient because of the guy doing the speed limit in the left-hand lane, maybe you're wanting to drive too fast. If you tell the officer and later on the judge that the posted speed limit was just a suggestion it's not going to go over too well. slow down relax, people are getting too impatient. Maybe leave for your destination a little earlier, and save up that pent up rage for one of those elitst leftist in Washington.
A voice of reason. Thank you.

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

Liberty wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

In many places it is CLEARLY POSTED that the left lane is for passing only. Maybe not where you drive, but it sure is in my neck of the woods. People who sit in the left lane "doing the speed limit" clogging up traffic need to understand they are usually making traffic situations WORSE by creating larger groups of vehicles instead of spread out more. It's as though said left lane sitter takes the mentality that it's him vs the guy behind who wants to go faster, and the sitter feel righteous in holding his lane because he is "doing speed limit or 1 mph under." It's not. Respect the road, and GET OVER. Because soon enough, it will be 2..3..4..5..6..7 cars behind his"righteous" caboose. Which is, in and of itself, more selfish than "the impatient one(s)" behind the sitter. I was taught in my driver ed that absolutely you could be ticketed for impeding the flow of traffic if you were only going the speed limit, while everyone else was going faster.

*rant off*
NRA Endowment Member

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

Legally the left lane is for passing in Texas - but it is not a fast lane. I know of two people some time ago who did get a citation for impeding traffic for driving in the left lane. Both were going the speed limit. I wish police would enforce this more. See the youtube video I have linked at the bottom.

See news story here back from 2014: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/07/14/cita ... -in-texas/ and this one from2015: http://theexaminer.com/stories/news/%E2 ... 80%99s-law

Here's a good video on why you should not "drive" in the left lane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oqfodY2Lz0
Ron
NRA Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”