Harvey looters have bad day

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Harvey looters have bad day

Post by Lynyrd »

http://usherald.com/two-thugs-try-rob-h ... s-payback/

I haven't verified this. If it's true, they deserved it.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

bmwrdr

Re: Harvey looters have bad day

Post by bmwrdr »

Thanks for sharing Lynyrd, how good the residents are well.

I find following statement in the article deserves some attention.

"Neither of these brainless thugs probably knew there are an average of seven firearms per household in Texas."

It would be interesting how many guns per thug there are and how much ammo?
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Scott B.

No mercy to looters during emergency

Post by Scott B. »

Chronicle had this today.

"[Montgomery County District Attorney Brett] Ligon announced today that his office will seek prison or jail time in each and every forthcoming case where the defendant stands charged with theft (looting), burglary, robbery, or any similar crime committed during Hurricane Harvey," the office posted on Facebook. "Leniency and probation will be off the table for these offenses committed during this time."

As far as I know, the Harris County DA might be handing out lollipops to looters. Although HPD and HCSO had strong statements in the article.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-weath ... 110894.php
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Shoot the looters without regard to race, sex or age! :mad5

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Think we could get sheriff Joe to set up a tent city jail here in texas

flechero

Post by flechero »

...there are an average of seven firearms per household in Texas.
I've never heard that one before... I doubt it's even close to true but wish it was. :thumbs2:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

flechero wrote:
I've never heard that one before... I doubt it's even close to true but wish it was. :thumbs2:

I'm doing my part, but according to the latest demographics, there are approximately 8 million households in Texas, so that would mean that we have approximately, 56 million firearms at our disposal. I agree, that those numbers are probably skewed, but if it were true, we could theoretically, take over most of the world.

Don't mess with Texas!!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Papacub

Post by Papacub »

I have heard that there are some households in Texas that way more than a measly 7 firearms per household!
Not that I would know that for a fact!
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified RSO
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA

Lena

Post by Lena »

Well it was just a matter of time here we all knew it was coming, Police said today roaming gangs of black looters are out for something to steal.
Hurricanes and other natural disasters are often perfect opportunities for looters to come calling, thinking the pickings will be easy in homes that have been evacuated.
The opposite was the case in Texas, after Hurricane Harvey made landfall as a powerful category 4 storm.
Many residents spent days stockpiling food, water and other essentials getting ready to ride out the storm in their own homes.
Too bad a few two-footed predators didn't know that.
Police reported looters/burglars were shot in separate incidents -- one in Corpus Christi, the other in Houston -- after thieves broke into private homes still occupied by their owners. Others reported but not confirmed as of print time.
One suspect was shot in the head and is reportedly barely clinging to life in a local hospital. The second was shot and killed.
The other instance 3 looters broke in a Houston home and were met by an armed family, all 3 were dead at scene when officers arrived by boat. Response time was said to be close to an hour.
None of these brainless thugs will steal again in Texas.
Police spokesman say no charges will be filed on homeowners.
Per today's evening paper and news.
Stay Safe

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Jusme wrote:
flechero wrote:

I'm doing my part, but according to the latest demographics, there are approximately 8 million households in Texas, so that would mean that we have approximately, 56 million firearms at our disposal. I agree, that those numbers are probably skewed, but if it were true, we could theoretically, take over most of the world.

Don't mess with Texas!!
I have contributed to that average several times over :smilelol5:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/30/ho ... gents.html
Officials issued a warning Wednesday after disturbing reports surfaced of people impersonating Homeland Security special agents and telling residents to evacuate in order to rob their homes in the wake of devastating flooding from Harvey.
Interesting change in strategy to avoid getting shot.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I pray that all looters will have a very bad day. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

The punishments for those convicted of assault, burglary, theft, and robbery (but not aggravated robbery, if I read correctly) can be bumped up to the next higher level if the crimes were committed in a disaster area or evacuated area.
USAF 1982-2005

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

As I post this message, I am sitting I my front yard for the second night in a row. A few neighbors and I are pulling a rotating fire watch to keep an eye out for (a) slowly advancing floodwaters, and (b) looters. I have had the 2am-6am shift both nights.

My home is at the periphery of the ever-widening Buffalo Bayou (the intersection 50 yards from me is impassable), but our homes are dry. Most indications are that my block will be spared after all. Many of my neighbors here are not so lucky.

I sit here with an SigSauer on my hip, a SCCY as a BUG, and my SigSauer M400 concealed within the triple 'V' of my tree, an arm's reach away.

You won't read any news stories about successful looters on our block.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

DEB

Post by DEB »

Vol Texan wrote:As I post this message, I am sitting I my front yard for the second night in a row. A few neighbors and I are pulling a rotating fire watch to keep an eye out for (a) slowly advancing floodwaters, and (b) looters. I have had the 2am-6am shift both nights.

My home is at the periphery of the ever-widening Buffalo Bayou (the intersection 50 yards from me is impassable), but our homes are dry. Most indications are that my block will be spared after all. Many of my neighbors here are not so lucky.

I sit here with an SigSauer on my hip, a SCCY as a BUG, and my SigSauer M400 concealed within the triple 'V' of my tree, an arm's reach away.

You won't read any news stories about successful looters on our block.
Ya'll be careful. My co-worker's son is in the Texas N.G. and he told his father that they have been shot at several times. :txflag:
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”