ER nurse illegally detained?

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 10

Re: ER nurse illegally detained?

Post by aaangel »

damage control! also @6:40 the mayor just realized that this is bigger than just a regular press conf. and i wonder if chief agrees with her answer?
Last edited by aaangel on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Wow he was promoted to "detective." Seriously. :banghead:

OlBill
Posts in topic: 7

Post by OlBill »

carlson1 wrote:Wow he was promoted to "detective." Seriously. :banghead:
I think he was already a detective.

OlBill
Posts in topic: 7

Post by OlBill »

9.23 The chief didn't like "This was not a just arrest..."

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mayor »

quite the 'do.

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

OlBill wrote:9.23 The chief didn't like "This was not a just arrest..."
ikr, he keeps telling lets wait for the whole investigation to play out and "TRUST IN THE PROCESS"
then, she makes that conclusion! i guess its safe to say, they don't go on each others bbq? :biggrinjester:

BTW, i'd like to thank all the LEO's that chimed in. learned a great deal! this is why txchlforum is so awesome! :txflag:
'got to Texas ASAIC.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

My daughter is a heavily armed liberty loving well read nurse and was highly PO'ed about this incident. No right to self defense against an all knowing legalized cabal with badges rulling over the unwashed huddled masses...
III

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

It seems this officer is one of the few (thankfully) that thinks the badge puts him in charge of everything and everyone, he does not understand that he is a servant to the law abiding citizen. He seems to think that his wishes and wants are the law to everyone around him because he wears the badge. He should be fired and prosecuted any and all laws he has broken. This is the type of officer that puts the overwhelmingly majority of good officers in bad light.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I usually side with law enforcement but this one has no excuse.

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

'got to Texas ASAIC.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Every story is different. Did she physically attempt to stop the officer from drawing blood or did she refused to draw blood?

parabelum
Posts in topic: 6

Post by parabelum »

She did nothing to even come close to justifying this scumbag's fascist actions.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

philip964 wrote:Every story is different. Did she physically attempt to stop the officer from drawing blood or did she refused to draw blood?
Who cares. The patient had been omitted to the hospital and was under hospital care. The Officer had no right to preform or demand a blood draw. This Officer ( or two) should be fired.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

WTR wrote:
philip964 wrote:Every story is different. Did she physically attempt to stop the officer from drawing blood or did she refused to draw blood?
Who cares. The patient had been omitted to the hospital and was under hospital care. The Officer had no right to preform or demand a blood draw. This Officer ( or two) should be fired.
To me there is a difference.

A police officer tries to open my car trunk after he asks permission for me to open my trunk and I tell him respectfully that, no he does not have probably cause to search my trunk and no he does not have my consent. Do I now have the authority to forcibly stop him from violating my constitutional rights against unreasonable searches, using force if necessary? Did the nurse simply say no I will not draw the blood, or did she move and block his path to the patient and say you may not draw his blood?

The simple act of drawing blood would have not harmed the patient. If it would have she would have said so.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 6

Post by parabelum »

philip964 wrote:
WTR wrote:
To me there is a difference.

A police officer tries to open my car trunk after he asks permission for me to open my trunk and I tell him respectfully that, no he does not have probably cause to search my trunk and no he does not have my consent. Do I now have the authority to forcibly stop him from violating my constitutional rights against unreasonable searches, using force if necessary? Did the nurse simply say no I will not draw the blood, or did she move and block his path to the patient and say you may not draw his blood?

The simple act of drawing blood would have not harmed the patient. If it would have she would have said so.
Blood draw is an invasive procedure. Not a "simple act".
But alas, this is about the 4th A and the egregious use of force by this fascist with a badge.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”