Drive-by shooting goes poorly for thugs

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Drive-by shooting goes poorly for thugs

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Pawpaw

Re: Drive-by shooting goes poorly for thugs

Post by Pawpaw »

I love a happy ending! :anamatedbanana
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

BHill

Post by BHill »

Warms my heart.
NRA Life Member

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

*snip*spraying the area with over 40-rounds within a matter of seconds.*snip*
Typical media understatement?...lol
Why is it that news agencies feel the need to sensationalize news instead of just reporting it?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Pawpaw wrote:I love a happy ending! :anamatedbanana
:iagree: The only obstacle in the report is when they stated they "rushed" the thugs to the hospital.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

I thought this sounded familiar.

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=88064&start=90&hilit=drive+by

This evidently occurred back in May. Has there been any new info regarding this case?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

JRG

Post by JRG »

Love, love that happy ending also!!

Joe

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

1) home owner's marksmanship obviously much better than the car occupants (assuming they were actually AIMING at anything....)
2) reading between the lines, I think there's a lot we aren't being told here
3) I wonder how well the geography involved is lit at 3 a.m.?

whenever this kind of thing comes up, I always remember the 'drive-by' scene in 'Falling Down', where the bangers manage to take out everybody on the street EXCEPT their intended target (Michael Douglas' character).
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:1) home owner's marksmanship obviously much better than the car occupants (assuming they were actually AIMING at anything....)

whenever this kind of thing comes up, I always remember the 'drive-by' scene in 'Falling Down', where the bangers manage to take out everybody on the street EXCEPT their intended target (Michael Douglas' character).

:iagree:

I felt that way about the original post on this story. Seems odd, that, not only was the "target" outside his house at 3 a.m. but he had his AR at the ready, and began firing back. It sounds a lot like he had either excellent ESP ability, or he knew in advance that he was going to be targeted. That's why I was wondering if any more info had come forth.

Edit for correction: According to the original report this occurred at 2:15 a.m., instead of 3

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I just saw the same post yesterday on faceBook.
It pays to be prepared and to practice. :fire
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

And he used an AR15 which he trained with,, which the lefty snowflakes will tell you has no application for self-defense or home-defense.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Jusme wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:1) home owner's marksmanship obviously much better than the car occupants (assuming they were actually AIMING at anything....)

I felt that way about the original post on this story. Seems odd, that, not only was the "target" outside his house at 3 a.m. but he had his AR at the ready, and began firing back. It sounds a lot like he had either excellent ESP ability, or he knew in advance that he was going to be targeted. That's why I was wondering if any more info had come forth.

Edit for correction: According to the original report this occurred at 2:15 a.m., instead of 3
There may well be more to it, but I definitely like to sit on my porch after everyone has gone to bed and sometimes also in the morning if I wake up before anyone else. I am always armed, but usually just with a 1911 and not an AR. Then again, I also live in a pretty safe neighborhood.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Jusme wrote:

There may well be more to it, but I definitely like to sit on my porch after everyone has gone to bed and sometimes also in the morning if I wake up before anyone else. I am always armed, but usually just with a 1911 and not an AR. Then again, I also live in a pretty safe neighborhood.

I also sit outside early in the morning, before anybody gets up, drink coffee etc, but , the story gives this guy a lot of credit, for suddenly knowing that a car "speeding" towards him, was a threat. I have a lot of people speed past my house, and I don't know that they are going to target me for a drive by. Speeding, would make shooting a particular target, very difficult. Not that shooting any particular target from a moving vehicle, isn't difficult enough, speeding only makes it harder. What is it, about this particular individual, that would make a group of criminals, want to shoot him? Did they know he would be outside at 2 am to be a target? Most gang related, drive by shootings, have a motive. They are not random.
Also, why would they continue to attack the guy, after he had wounded the driver enough to make him crash? Common sense, would make them flee, rather than continue the attack. There are so many unanswered questions, about this story, that makes me suspicious. JMHO

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Since when are criminal thug bangers known for common sense? Sorry for being so redundant.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “The Crime Blotter”