CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

Post by philip964 »

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/ ... 681227001/

California will outlaw the open carry of long guns anywhere in California if Moonbeam signs Assembly Bill 7 (Yes I believe this would make hunting of any kind difficult) . It will however still allow concealed carry permit holders to conceal carry an unloaded hand gun.

No, I didn't put this in the crime blotter by mistake.

crazy2medic

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

Post by crazy2medic »

This will allow every Californian to say to their attacker "hold on a second while I load my gun"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

strogg

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

Post by strogg »

From what I can tell from the bill text http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces ... 1720180AB7, the only change CA will see is making it illegal to carry any unloaded long gun in a public area outside a city limit in a prohibited area. Hunting is seemingly still OK as long as you're outside the city limit in a designated hunting area. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Although it doesn't sound as bad as it is, the fact that someone went out of their way to make an assembly bill to patch something that was never ever a problem to begin with and will never be a problem is just awful.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

As being a sanctuary state they need to make sure all their illegals coming there will be able to flourish and all their respective Ways...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

philip964 wrote:http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/ ... 681227001/

California will outlaw the open carry of long guns anywhere in California if Moonbeam signs Assembly Bill 7 (Yes I believe this would make hunting of any kind difficult) . It will however still allow concealed carry permit holders to conceal carry an unloaded hand gun.

What about concealed carry of long guns? :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

ScottDLS wrote:

Rocks? Can they carry multiple rocks in their pockets?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Oldgringo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:

Rocks? Can they carry multiple rocks in their pockets?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

The stupidity of liberalism continues to amaze.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

One wonders if there will come a time when Sacramento will quit trying to make enemies of law abiding citizens while befriending the criminals.
Psalm 91:2

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

strogg wrote:
Although it doesn't sound as bad as it is, the fact that someone went out of their way to make an assembly bill to patch something that was never ever a problem to begin with and will never be a problem is just awful.
The curse of a full time legislature. They actively look for things to justify their existence instead of dealing with issues as they come. While it can be a good thing once in a while, it usually leads to a lot of bad and needless laws getting passed.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “The Crime Blotter”