Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 3

Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Post by LSUTiger »

Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Topic author
LSUTiger

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Post by LSUTiger »

Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Topic author
LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Fox News reports that singer Jason Aldean was on stage when the shooting began.

Listening to some of the audio it is very rapid fire if not full auto. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Prayers for the victims and the police involved.

philip964
Posts in topic: 84

Post by philip964 »

http://abc7.com/1-shooter-down;-2-victi ... g/2477628/

20 Dead 100's injured.

Dead include two police officers. Shooter dead after gun battle with police. Country music festival across from Mandalay Bay Hotel.

Looking for one suspect possibly a women.

RIP.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/las-vegas-str ... 06202.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... esort.html

Shot from the 32 floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel down on to the30,000 concert goers. Police breached the 32 floor of the hotel with explosives. Fired 100's of rounds.

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gregthehand »

It sounds like the shooter has an extended magazine and just dumps a whole mag in the video. This is very preliminary but I've heard a few Slide Fires being used this just tends to sound like one. Or some other kind of bump fire device. If I'm right I'd expect to see such devices under heavy scrutiny very soon.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

50 dead 200 hurt as of current report
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Pure Evil at work doing what violent evil creatures do. Preying on defenseless humans will only solidify Rationale Societies resolve to not be preyed upon by Evil Entities...
III

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Lord be with the family’s affected by this horrible event and be with the ones who are in the hospital.

I am glad police were able to stop the shooter. This is a good reminder that anything can happen anywhere and at any time. This a prime example on why we should carry at all times if possible. Carrying a gun isn’t always comfortable but it’s a comfortable thought even though having a gun doesn’t make us invincible or an automatic survivor it at least gives us a fighting chance.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Beiruty »

So unreal. But why in the world, victims stayed down under fire?!! Fight of flight. What happend to "beat it"
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 22

Post by bblhd672 »

Tragic event that every gun grabber will be exploiting to the fullest.
Prayers for the victims families and for the injured.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SQLGeek »

Woke up to the news this morning sick to my stomach. The depravity of some and the need to take the lives of the innocent as a result is just incomprehensible. Prayers for the victims and our first responders.
Psalm 91:2

parabelum
Posts in topic: 8

Post by parabelum »

bblhd672 wrote:Tragic event that every gun grabber will be exploiting to the fullest.
I agree. Very sad. Sounds like it was scoped AR, just from reports.
Also, strange but it appears to be a targeted attack on country music festival goers. Based on the witnesses who saw the scumbag and his female "companion", they walked through that area first.

"Witness Breanna Hendricks, who was in Vegas celebrating her 21st birthday, said: 'There was a lady who came running up behind us in the concert and she started to play with people's hair acting crazy and she told us that we're all going to die.

'She said they're all around us and we were going to die,' continued Hendricks, whose mom Shawn Hendricks also witnessed the startling altercation.

'She was Hispanic, probably about 5ft 5, brown hair. It felt like she had knowledge of what was about to happen, her and her boyfriend who was also Hispanic."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... esort.html

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

cmgee67 wrote:Lord be with the family’s affected by this horrible event and be with the ones who are in the hospital.

I am glad police were able to stop the shooter. This is a good reminder that anything can happen anywhere and at any time. This a prime example on why we should carry at all times if possible. Carrying a gun isn’t always comfortable but it’s a comfortable thought even though having a gun doesn’t make us invincible or an automatic survivor it at least gives us a fighting chance.
I agree with this sentiment but this also made me realize that sometimes, we're purely at the mercy of pure evil.
Carrying at this concert would have done nothing for any of the victims. He was shooting from an elevated position out of a window. You'd have to be carrying a very nice rifle...

Anyway, prayers for the victims and our country. The new 'discussion' that is about to begin is not going to be enjoyable.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

bblhd672 wrote:Tragic event that every gun grabber will be exploiting to the fullest.
The gun grabbers have already started.

Prayers for the victims.

Too bad the shooter is dead. I'd like to know what makes a man kill over 50 people and injure hundreds more.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”