CA: New law, use wrong pronoun, go to jail.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

CA: New law, use wrong pronoun, go to jail.

Post by philip964 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10 ... appen.html

No that won't happen, it's just what the law says.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CA: New law, use wrong pronoun, go to jail.

Post by Lynyrd »

I would call the first person who complained, an it.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

KLB

Post by KLB »

For future reference, my personal pronoun is "His royal personage, King of Bexar, Lord of the Edwards Plateau, and Duke of Earl."

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

from the article cited in the OP;
Wiener's office noted that violations for residential care facilities under existing law rarely resulted in criminal charges, especially for minor violations. Criminal penalties are meant more for violations that expose a patient to risk of death or serious harm, his office said.
A year in jail sounds like a criminal penalty to me, and off the top of my (bald) head, I can't imagine a situation where a life hangs in the balance because the (vanity) pronoun of choice isn't used. However, from where I'm sitting, at least some California judges aren't exactly known for following the law.........

This whole thing is dumber than the clothes we wore in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Given all of California's REAL problems, their legislators time would be better spent on other things......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Government penalty for words spoken. If only there was a way we could prevent government from punishing someone for what they say. Perhaps a constitutional amendment? :rules:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The first time this law is challenged in federal court, it will be struck down as unconstitutional.

Chas.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

KLB wrote:For future reference, my personal pronoun is "His royal personage, King of Bexar, Lord of the Edwards Plateau, and Duke of Earl."
Can we shorten this to El Duque? :cool:
Psalm 91:2

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The first time this law is challenged in federal court, it will be struck down as unconstitutional.

Chas.
AKA The California Special
Flightmare wrote:Government penalty for words spoken. If only there was a way we could prevent government from punishing someone for what they say. Perhaps a constitutional amendment? :rules:
Haven't you heard? The Constitution is outmoded and useless in today's society. It simply gets in the way of everything. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:from the article cited in the OP;
Wiener's office noted that violations for residential care facilities under existing law rarely resulted in criminal charges, especially for minor violations. Criminal penalties are meant more for violations that expose a patient to risk of death or serious harm, his office said.
A year in jail sounds like a criminal penalty to me, and off the top of my (bald) head, I can't imagine a situation where a life hangs in the balance because the (vanity) pronoun of choice isn't used. However, from where I'm sitting, at least some California judges aren't exactly known for following the law.........

This whole thing is dumber than the clothes we wore in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Given all of California's REAL problems, their legislators time would be better spent on other things......
So in other words "yes we know the law says that you can get a year in jail, but don't worry we won't follow the law".

In their defense, California officials generally see laws as mere possible suggestions, not something that actually has real meaning or importance.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
In their defense, California officials generally see laws as mere possible suggestions, not something that actually has real meaning or importance.
Except for anti gun laws.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

apostate

Post by apostate »

If the Federal Courts strike it down, maybe California will rewrite the law to make it an offense unless you have a license from your local Sheriff. Some will issue the license to any qualified residents who pay the fee. Others will require applicants to demonstrate a "good cause" for using the wrong pronoun.

priusron

Post by priusron »

And the first time a patient is given the wrong medication and is injured because they are misidentified, they will want to hang the medical professional

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Wrong pronoun you say?

So if a he-she or she-he or anyone who identifies themselves as someone other than what their birth certificate states and is actually/factually referred to by pronoun as to what their dna also confirms will get in a heap a legal trouble?

Wow, Orwellian leftist madness confirmed by california law.

Ah, I think quite recently Canada came up with this law prior to Cally.

So, Cally is just trying to keep up with their international comrades.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”