TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 21

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Post by bblhd672 »

Ruark wrote:They're here. Mark Kelly, Gabrielle Gifford's husband, on CNN with Anderson Cooper: "In Texas, you can buy a gun without a background check." And then, "In Texas, Arizona and some other states, you can get out of prison, walk straight to the nearest gun show and buy an arsenal of weapons and high capacity magazines without a background check." Cooper, coward that he is, didn't blink.
For the most part aren’t people who watch CNN on the left anyway? For sure not a large number of deplorables.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Ruark wrote:They're here. Mark Kelly, Gabrielle Gifford's husband, on CNN with Anderson Cooper: "In Texas, you can buy a gun without a background check." And then, "In Texas, Arizona and some other states, you can get out of prison, walk straight to the nearest gun show and buy an arsenal of weapons and high capacity magazines without a background check." Cooper, coward that he is, didn't blink.
Echo chamber of false facts.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mojo84
Posts in topic: 15

Post by mojo84 »

Very thankful someone was willing to risk himself to save others. He is a hero.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SQLGeek »

That doesn't surprise me because they have been pushing their "universal background check" garbage for a long while now. Despite the fact that the rifle was, by all accounts, purchased at an Academy.

Tying this to gun shows has always betrayed their ignorance / collective malevolence. Am I required to perform a background check on somebody before I sell them a gun? No. Yes, I am required to not knowingly sell a gun to a prohibited person. But more importantly, I want to make sure I am not. As a responsible gun owner, I sell to my fellow CHLers and friends or not at all. The vast majority of gun owners are like this.

Nobody is getting out of prison and stocking up at gun shows. The "loophole" bogeyman dressed up to further involve the government in our business needs to die on the vine. And I'm sick of these statists dancing in the blood of innocent people and screaming about it before the bodies have even cooled. Look how well NICS seems to be working. Who wouldn't want that for everyone? :roll:
Psalm 91:2

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by powerboatr »

SQLGeek wrote:
That doesn't surprise me because they have been pushing their "universal background check" garbage for a long while now. Despite the fact that the rifle was, by all accounts, purchased at an Academy.

Tying this to gun shows has always betrayed their ignorance / collective malevolence. Am I required to perform a background check on somebody before I sell them a gun? No. Yes, I am required to not knowingly sell a gun to a prohibited person. But more importantly, I want to make sure I am not. As a responsible gun owner, I sell to my fellow CHLers and friends or not at all. The vast majority of gun owners are like this.

Nobody is getting out of prison and stocking up at gun shows. The "loophole" bogeyman dressed up to further involve the government in our business needs to die on the vine. And I'm sick of these statists dancing in the blood of innocent people and screaming about it before the bodies have even cooled. Look how well NICS seems to be working. Who wouldn't want that for everyone? :roll:
not to mention the fact the air force failed to notify FBI, to have the ncic database updated to reflect he was convicted of domestic violence. so teh ncic checks came back as OK to sell.
It was man that failed by some gs4 air-force clerk failing to follow through that allowed the killer to acquire his weapons using the the same system that should have prevented it.

cnn just cracks me up, flash back to hurricane ike and mr. cooper doing live shots from houston area. camera frame had him up to his belt in "high" water. never mind about 1k yards away in the frame was a truck with water just touching the tires. camera pans down to get truck out of frame and a PUPPY walks up towards mr. cooper, I said WALKS, then mr cooper moves toward puppy and low and behold mr cooper was standing in a drainage ditch, the puppy on almost dry ground..it was priceless as he tried to make like it was no big deal. mean while the sidewalk was only wet with rain, not flooding.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Gotta love CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/health/te ... index.html

Article on the front page of CNN under the headline: "Shooter's history puts Texas gun laws in the spotlight".

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

Papa_Tiger wrote:Gotta love CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/health/te ... index.html

Article on the front page of CNN under the headline: "Shooter's history puts Texas gun laws in the spotlight".
Of course comments are turned off... Morons.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

This gem, from the CNN article above:
  • "In some states, a background check can be run fairly quickly through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). However, Texas is not one of these states, so firearms dealers are required to contact the FBI directly for all firearm background checks."
-Ruark

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Ruark wrote:This gem, from the CNN article above:
  • "In some states, a background check can be run fairly quickly through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). However, Texas is not one of these states, so firearms dealers are required to contact the FBI directly for all firearm background checks."
Where in the world do they come up with this stuff? :headscratch

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

SQLGeek wrote:
Ruark wrote:This gem, from the CNN article above:
Where in the world do they come up with this stuff? :headscratch
Even worse, not one news organization, or sadly anyone in the Republican party, will set the record straight with the truth about Texas gun laws.

Lies, lies, more lies, lie until everyone who hears believes it because all they hear is lies, so the lies must be the truth.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

5thGenTexan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 5thGenTexan »

I’m not suprised in a town of less than 1000 no one was carrying in church. My family’s from a town of less than 500 everyone knows everybody else heck if your not related by blood you’re an in-law to at least half by some degree or another. I guarantee there were a number of pickups with a loaded deer rifle, shotgun, handgun or all of them in that parking lot. I’ve shed my coveralls from deer hunting, ate breakfast at the cafe, parked at the Baptist Church while my cousin and parked at the Methodist Church across the street with gun racks full and loaded. I will admit that was way back in a simpler time.

On another note, Saw the Dallas Bishop has asked that parish 30.06 30.07 signs to be taken down but keep banning guns in Dallas area so as to not make them seem to be easy targets. Deep concealment advised if/when they come down, stay safe.
https://www.google.com/amp/dfw.cbslocal ... sures/amp/
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

5thGenTexan wrote: On another note, Saw the Dallas Bishop has asked that parish 30.06 30.07 signs to be taken down but keep banning guns
That makes no sense. So he wants BG's to THINK it's not a soft target but still wants it to BE a soft target. WTH? :headscratch
In light of this tragic event, Bishop Edward J. Burns has asked that parishes in the Diocese of Dallas consider appropriate safety measures, including the removal of all signs prohibiting the concealed carry of firearms on campus to eliminate any perception that any of our parishes would be an easy target for terror. But let us be clear, the policy of prohibiting the open or concealed possession of firearms at our parishes still stands.
You can't make this stuff up.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

Apparently (some of ?) the executive staff at Texas Monthly don't like Texas gun laws.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/opin ... oting.html
But there is one way that Texas is like the Trump administration: Our state government is also in the pocket of the N.R.A. and so has some of the worst pro-gun laws in the United States. It is thanks to the government of Texas that we have not only the open carry law — take your pistol to the grocery store! — as well as a law allowing guns on college campuses. (This was sold as the “campus protection bill.”)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Still whining about legal carry I see. Sorry Mimi, the facts speak for themselves on that one.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

SQLGeek wrote:Still whining about legal carry I see. Sorry Mimi, the facts speak for themselves on that one.
She's got "keep repeating lies" down pat. And a gullible audience at NYT.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”