TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Joe Biden is the best that the Dems can field. Say no more...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 20

Post by anygunanywhere »

I'm happy as long as the DNC finest keep running their mouths.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Pawpaw »

What do you expect from W̶a̶l̶t̶e̶r̶ Joe Biden?

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Flightmare »

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/20/166 ... s-shooting
Texas Rangers have served Apple with a search warrant for data from deceased Sutherland Springs gunman Devin Patrick Kelley, who killed 26 people in a Texas church earlier this month.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

Flightmare wrote:https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/20/166 ... s-shooting
Texas Rangers have served Apple with a search warrant for data from deceased Sutherland Springs gunman Devin Patrick Kelley, who killed 26 people in a Texas church earlier this month.
Didn’t we already go through this game?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Flightmare »

TreyHouston wrote:
Apple’s policies state that it will share iCloud data with law enforcement agencies if there’s a valid warrant.
The issue is going to be whether they help with unlocking the phone to get data from there.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 21

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
Apple’s policies state that it will share iCloud data with law enforcement agencies if there’s a valid warrant.
The issue is going to be whether they help with unlocking the phone to get data from there.
In the past I think I remember that Apple said they could not unlock customers' iPhones if they are encrypted and use a passcode. Who knows what their real capabilities are and whether or not they provide any assistance either openly or covertly when asked.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I wondered if they tried to use the touch ID with the dead creeps's fingers when it was first found.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Ruh roh, this doesn't look good for Academy.

https://bearingarms.com/erika-h/2017/12 ... gun-store/
A family of three of the victims of the Sutherland Springs shooting has filed a lawsuit against the gun store that sold the shooter the weapon used in the attack – and it looks like they have legitimate grounds.

According to mySanAntonio.com, the Ward and Lookingbill family are seeking $25 million in damages after the Academy Sports & Outdoors in San Antonio, Texas, allegedly failed to follow the law by selling the gunman a Ruger model AR-566 rifle in 2016. That same rifle would be used a year later on November 5th in the massacre of 26 parishioners at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs.

========================>SNIP<====================================

So how could they have broken the law by selling him the gun? Well, the shooter listed his Colorado Springs address on a firearm record form, and the gun was picked up in Texas. Even though Colorado and Texas have a reciprocity agreement, Texas prohibits the sale of firearms to non-residents. For this reason, the families claim the purchase should have been transferred to the shooter’s Colorado home.

“The Ruger should have never been placed in Kelley’s hands in Texas,” the lawsuit reads.

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn86 »

Me thinks it doesn't bode well for the Academy employee who approved the 4473 either...
NRA Life Member

roadkill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by roadkill »

I don’t see this suit doing anything but putting money onto the lawyers pockets. I believe it is legal for a Texas FFL to sell a long gun to a non resident if there are no laws in the purchasers home state forbidding it. I do not know Colorado law but cannot see Academy doing something that is illegal. From everything that I have looked online i cannot find anywhere saying that a Colorado resident cannot purchase and take possession of a long gun in another state.

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

Texas prohibits the sale of firearms to non-residents.
Please cite the law that prohibits a Texas based FFL from selling a rifle to a US citizen who isn't a Texas resident.

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pariah3j »

I was under the impression/recollection that Longuns could be purchased by people from out of state, in Texas, it was pistols I was thinking that has that restriction. Now I'm not sure where I picked that up exactly, it's rattling around in my brain from somewhere, based on a conversation I had at some point - it could have been 'Bubba' at the gun store for all I remember so I may be wrong.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

OneGun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OneGun »

apostate wrote:
Texas prohibits the sale of firearms to non-residents.
Please cite the law that prohibits a Texas based FFL from selling a rifle to a US citizen who isn't a Texas resident.
I thought the restriction did not apply to long guns. Also, he was in the military. Can anyone cite the specific law?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

IANAL but, in my limited experience, as long as the long gun is legal in the purchaser's state, the sale can be made. The restriction is only on handguns, or long guns prohibited in the state of residence.
This lawsuit has no basis, as far as I can tell. I do know that Colorado banned high capacity mags, for a while, but not the guns capable of using them.
Not to mention the fact, that the sale took place more than a year before the incident. If they want to sue someone, they need to go after the Air Force, for failing to report the shooter's disqualifying background. I am not a big supporter of Academy, but they were only following the law. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”