TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Post by The Annoyed Man »

flechero wrote:
5thGenTexan wrote: On another note, Saw the Dallas Bishop has asked that parish 30.06 30.07 signs to be taken down but keep banning guns
That makes no sense. So he wants BG's to THINK it's not a soft target but still wants it to BE a soft target. WTH? :headscratch
In light of this tragic event, Bishop Edward J. Burns has asked that parishes in the Diocese of Dallas consider appropriate safety measures, including the removal of all signs prohibiting the concealed carry of firearms on campus to eliminate any perception that any of our parishes would be an easy target for terror. But let us be clear, the policy of prohibiting the open or concealed possession of firearms at our parishes still stands.
You can't make this stuff up.
That’s the most assinine thing I’ve heard in a long time.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CleverNickname »

5thGenTexan wrote:I’m not suprised in a town of less than 1000 no one was carrying in church.
We don't know that for a fact or not. There could very well have been been dead bodies in the church with holstered guns. The murderer apparently started shooting through the side of the church building. If you get shot and killed before you even know there's someone trying to kill you, a concealed handgun won't help much.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 21

Post by bblhd672 »

1911 Raptor wrote:
flechero wrote:
5thGenTexan wrote: On another note, Saw the Dallas Bishop has asked that parish 30.06 30.07 signs to be taken down but keep banning guns
That makes no sense. So he wants BG's to THINK it's not a soft target but still wants it to BE a soft target. WTH? :headscratch
In light of this tragic event, Bishop Edward J. Burns has asked that parishes in the Diocese of Dallas consider appropriate safety measures, including the removal of all signs prohibiting the concealed carry of firearms on campus to eliminate any perception that any of our parishes would be an easy target for terror. But let us be clear, the policy of prohibiting the open or concealed possession of firearms at our parishes still stands.
Now if only the Fort Worth Bishop will follow the Dallas Bishop direction. I don’t care what they think as long as the signs come down.
It doesn’t matter whether the signs are there or not if notice has been given that open and concealed carry is prohibited on the premises.
Either way you can’t legally carry there.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

flechero wrote:
Truth is once again stranger than fiction. He refuses to allow his parishioners to carry guns so that they could defend themselves in the event of an attack, but at the same time he realizes that his rule makes the churches an easy target. So, IMHO he knows he is putting people in jeopardy but he doesn't want to publicize that to the BG's! Or, to say it another way, I'm stupid and I know I am stupid but I wan't to take down the signs that say I am stupid. Unbelievable!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

bblhd672 wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote:
flechero wrote:
Now if only the Fort Worth Bishop will follow the Dallas Bishop direction. I don’t care what they think as long as the signs come down.
It doesn’t matter whether the signs are there or not if notice has been given that open and concealed carry is prohibited on the premises.
Either way you can’t legally carry there.
If signs have been removed from a building are we to assume that notice has still been given and not revoked? Unless the individuals have been personally told or handed a written notice then in my mind no signs means carry is legitimate. How will people that have never been to that building know that it was previously posted?
A local hospital in my town has removed 30.06/07 signs and it is now legal to carry. Just because it was once posted doesn't mean that carry is forever prohibited. Our local gun show was once posted and no longer posted. Carry is legal now.
Last edited by rotor on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Lynyrd wrote:
flechero wrote:
Truth is once again stranger than fiction. He refuses to allow his parishioners to carry guns so that they could defend themselves in the event of an attack, but at the same time he realizes that his rule makes the churches an easy target. So, IMHO he knows he is putting people in jeopardy but he doesn't want to publicize that to the BG's! Or, to say it another way, I'm stupid and I know I am stupid but I wan't to take down the signs that say I am stupid. Unbelievable!
What are they going to do, announce it before every service? The gun man knew the church and the families there. If there was a verbal notice, he would have known that as well!
On a side note, my dad’s chruch does CHL classes 4 times a year. Even Jesuss’ is disciples carried their swords
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

TreyHouston wrote: On a side note, my dad’s chruch does CHL classes 4 times a year. Even Jesuss’ is disciples carried their swords
Jesus said in Luke 22:36, "And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Do what you say you're gonna do.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Update:

"Sutherland Springs gunman targeted babies, others who screamed or cried"

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/suther ... d-or-cried
Psalm 91:2

E10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by E10 »

RoyGBiv wrote:Apparently (some of ?) the executive staff at Texas Monthly don't like Texas gun laws.
Texas Monthly's executive staff is almost as liberal as that of the NYC. They are based in Austin, y'know.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I think that many many anti gunners would really change their mind on gun control, if they went through the process of buying a gun. Not to mention if they went to shoot with someone that could show them how several guns operate. Maybe even show them one of those fancy denim bumpstocks that are on their waist. Steven Crowder has a good video called Change My Mind: Gun Control, and everyone on the video is very mis informed. There are also several more videos on the internet asking random folks on the street about gun control, many of which spew things that don't even make sense because they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 6

Post by NotRPB »

2 related articles
Ted Cruz reveals how Democrats FILIBUSTERED legislation that would have forced the Air Force to update NCIC

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-revea ... z4xmOd3umH
John Cornyn announces plan for legislation on background checks after Texas shooting
After a gunman killed at least 26 people at a Texas church, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) on Nov. 7 said “there’s an opportunity for us here to work on a bipartisan basis” on legislation to improve the enforcement of background checks. https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/po ... 80813d05d8

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 21

Post by bblhd672 »

Here we go again....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/07/te ... -says.html
The phone used by the gunman who stormed into First Baptist Church on Sunday has been recovered and turned over to the FBI -- but encryption technology is preventing officials from accessing it, authorities said Tuesday.
"Law enforcement, whether it’s at the state, local or federal level, is increasingly not able to get into these phones," he said.
The FBI played that hand before and after several weeks said "never mind we got into it" after not getting any traction on their desire for decreased personal security of the citizens.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84
Posts in topic: 15

Post by mojo84 »

Sounds like more laws to tell governments and government agencies to comply with the law on the books.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Now Fox is reporting that Devin Kelley had once in 2012 escaped from a Psych Hospital and had smuggled guns onto Holloman AFB to carry out death threats against military superiors! This information was supposedly entered into the NCIC database?!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/07/te ... force.html
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “The Crime Blotter”