TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#226

Post by Bitter Clinger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:I’ll just leave this here for your reading pleasure.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232543
:thumbs2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 6902
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#227

Post by anygunanywhere » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:46 pm

There have been many here quoting scripture about arming oneself and self defense. Read Nehemiah Chapter 4.
1911s should be carried openly as God and John Moses Browning (PBUH) intended them to be.
III%

User avatar

Jnazee
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:15 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#228

Post by Jnazee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:54 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:There have been many here quoting scripture about arming oneself and self defense. Read Nehemiah Chapter 4.
:iagree: Tool (God's Word) in one hand, a weapon in the other


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 3431
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#229

Post by bblhd672 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:12 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:There have been many here quoting scripture about arming oneself and self defense. Read Nehemiah Chapter 4.
You'll have to blow your trumpet really loud for me to hear it in Arlington from LaGrange, but I'll bring my modern swords and shields if you need assistance.


Ruark
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#230

Post by Ruark » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:I’ll just leave this here for your reading pleasure.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232543
Wow. I think I stopped breathing while I was reading that.
-Ruark


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 21
Posts: 3431
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#231

Post by bblhd672 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:03 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... b01350652b
this small town’s residents had just learned, mostly by word of mouth, the names of the people slain or wounded at the First Baptist Church, and the horror unleashed by a gunman was too fresh for anyone to process fully. But one thing was emphatically clear Monday: These Texans weren’t about to embrace gun control


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1267
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#232

Post by TreyHouston » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

bblhd672 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... b01350652b
this small town’s residents had just learned, mostly by word of mouth, the names of the people slain or wounded at the First Baptist Church, and the horror unleashed by a gunman was too fresh for anyone to process fully. But one thing was emphatically clear Monday: These Texans weren’t about to embrace gun control
:txflag: that is all
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

CleverNickname
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#233

Post by CleverNickname » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:I’ll just leave this here for your reading pleasure.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232543
Whoever wrote that seems to have gone to the same school of typography as the guy who writes NRA fundraising letters.

User avatar

SewTexas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3029
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Antonio area

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#234

Post by SewTexas » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... b01350652b
this small town’s residents had just learned, mostly by word of mouth, the names of the people slain or wounded at the First Baptist Church, and the horror unleashed by a gunman was too fresh for anyone to process fully. But one thing was emphatically clear Monday: These Texans weren’t about to embrace gun control
:txflag: that is all
it's really a good article, but... to me anyway...it sort of implies that guns are not allowed in church in Texas, did anyone else read the end of it that way?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 6902
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#235

Post by anygunanywhere » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:36 pm

CleverNickname wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:I’ll just leave this here for your reading pleasure.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232543
Whoever wrote that seems to have gone to the same school of typography as the guy who writes NRA fundraising letters.
You actually read those letters?
1911s should be carried openly as God and John Moses Browning (PBUH) intended them to be.
III%

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#236

Post by Flightmare » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Image
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#237

Post by Bitter Clinger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Here is a link to John Lott's website in case you do not already subscribe:

https://crimeresearch.org/

Heck of a lot of useful information and TRUTH there...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

allisji
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#238

Post by allisji » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 am

SewTexas wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... b01350652b
this small town’s residents had just learned, mostly by word of mouth, the names of the people slain or wounded at the First Baptist Church, and the horror unleashed by a gunman was too fresh for anyone to process fully. But one thing was emphatically clear Monday: These Texans weren’t about to embrace gun control
:txflag: that is all
it's really a good article, but... to me anyway...it sort of implies that guns are not allowed in church in Texas, did anyone else read the end of it that way?
I'm sure that they always first assume that guns aren't allowed until they are told otherwise. That is the way that they have been brainwashed.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

User avatar

jmorris
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 1151
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: Cibolo
Contact:

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#239

Post by jmorris » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:55 am

allisji wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... b01350652b
this small town’s residents had just learned, mostly by word of mouth, the names of the people slain or wounded at the First Baptist Church, and the horror unleashed by a gunman was too fresh for anyone to process fully. But one thing was emphatically clear Monday: These Texans weren’t about to embrace gun control
:txflag: that is all
it's really a good article, but... to me anyway...it sort of implies that guns are not allowed in church in Texas, did anyone else read the end of it that way?
I'm sure that they always first assume that guns aren't allowed until they are told otherwise. That is the way that they have been brainwashed.
They stopped reading at 46.035 (b)(6). Common enough problem even among licence holders.
Jay E Morris
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC
NRA Lifetime/Recuiter
Cibolo, TX

User avatar

CleverNickname
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

#240

Post by CleverNickname » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 am

anygunanywhere wrote:
CleverNickname wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:I’ll just leave this here for your reading pleasure.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232543
Whoever wrote that seems to have gone to the same school of typography as the guy who writes NRA fundraising letters.
You actually read those letters?
No, which is why I didn't bother trying to read that web page either.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”