TX: Schertz man shoots burglar

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Schertz man shoots burglar

Post by ELB »

Authorities say a Schertz businessman allegedly shot a person who was robbing him.
I found this article interesting because a) it's in my county, and b) it's the first time where I've seen a news report apply the "allegedly" adverb to the defender rather than the robber.

Key bits: business owner said person broke in and business owner found him in the same room with vault. Confrontation, "feared for his life," fired multiple shots, suspect at University Hospital for surgery for multiple wounds.

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_6 ... 644c5.html (might require registration).

More info here: https://www.ksat.com/news/schertz-car-w ... o-business

Adds details that it was a car wash, and defender says robber had crowbar.
USAF 1982-2005

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Schertz man shoots burglar

Post by SewTexas »

this happened roughly 2 miles from me, I don't like that.

in the first reports the owner was "driving past" the place....at 5am....seemed a bit weird

they later updated it to the owner "arrived" to the car wash....still early, but ok.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

I believe the second link I provided says the owner usually shows up early, and had already been the victim of previous burglaries.
USAF 1982-2005

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

ELB wrote:I believe the second link I provided says the owner usually shows up early, and had already been the victim of previous burglaries.
oh, I wasn't I wasn't saying anything about the arriving thing, other than it was early....I've actually seen people washing their cars their at o-dark-thirty if you can believe it....why????? I probably don't want to know.....

I was watching the police reports, that's why I saw the first reports saying that he had been driving past it....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Theft at night alone can be a reason for deadly force (5:00 am is night).

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

SewTexas wrote:...I've actually seen people washing their cars their at o-dark-thirty if you can believe it....why????? ...
I was returning from my girlfriend's place very late one night, after having agreed to sell my very pristine 1984 Pontiac Firebird to her Dad because I was going overseas soon. The car ahead of me kicked up something white, looked like a paper sack or something -- until it got far enough into my headlight beams that I could see he had run over a poor little skunk that was tumbling in the roadway. At that point there was very little maneuver room and I ended up hitting it with the left front wheel. Instantly I started gagging on skunk spray. Yuck! And I had to turn over the car in a day or so.

So stopped by an all night convenience store, bought about a gallon of Lysol (no tomato juice to be had there) and spent from 3am to 4am at the car wash repeatedly washing and Lysoling the front left wheel area. Lather rinse repeat.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”