chl holder robbed

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

chl holder robbed

Post by crazy2medic »

https://m.facebook.com/Azle-Police-Depa ... tn__=%7E-R
Man robbed, pistol stolen, car taken!
failed situational awareness!
failed to maintain distances
This was at the Walmart where we shop!
This won't let me copy and paste, and I can't find the story anywhere else
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: chl holder robbed

Post by Flightmare »

That walmart was not there when I lived in Azle. I was surprised to see something like this in a small town like Azle, but then I read they believe the suspects to be from Dallas.That makes a bit more sense. Unfortunate that a good samaritan was taken advantage of like that. As OP said, situational awareness seems to have been lacking, to say the least.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Failed to recognize that 4 male juveniles out at 11:44pm were possibly up to no good.

I don't care what color or sex they are, 4 juveniles approach me at night are cause for concern.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Azle is Northwest of Fort Worth.

Lots of posts on police Facebook page didn't find it.

Crime is everywhere, geez even way out there.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Oh my, we are staying at an RV park in Azle until after Christmas and have been to the Azle Walmart numerous times. However, not at 11:44 at night. Wish I could read the entire post about what happened. Couldn't find it on Facebook.

Joe

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... %2As%2As-R

That link should take you to the post with Department statement on the incident.

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The instant I spotted them I would have been watching them, when I saw they were approaching me, hand word have gone to my pistol, if they continued to approach I would have warned them off, then if they continued to approach I would have moved to make them to actually follow me, the first sign of a weapon I would have drawn my pistol or if they attempted to corner me with their superior number!
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Pritchical

Post by Pritchical »

This is a textbook case for why your SA should be in the yellow or low-orange if you go ANYWHERE at 11:44 PM. What's the point of carrying at all if you're not going to be aware of what's going on around you?

stroo

Post by stroo »

11:44 pm and he agreed to give them a ride. WOW. Talk about condition white.

On the other hand, he probably wisely decided not to draw on the guy holding the gun and was let go with his life.

Not great performance but at least he lived!

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

stroo wrote:11:44 pm and he agreed to give them a ride. WOW. Talk about condition white.

On the other hand, he probably wisely decided not to draw on the guy holding the gun and was let go with his life.

Not great performance but at least he lived!
I would have drawn on him! I learned that most of the time it ends up being a tie, and winner is the most accurate! When I did swat training the tactical sergeant would have us draw against each other, one from the holster, one from low ready, most of the time it was a tie!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Frankie wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... %2As%2As-R

That link should take you to the post with Department statement on the incident.
Wow that was quite a story.

I guess the vehicle they stole was out of gas and they needed another one.

Sorry about the man having to deal with a wrecked rolled over truck most likely totaled, but a small smile came to my face when I read the officers were concerned about the well being of the suspects and had to call ambulances.

Good that the victim didn't live in Florida. http://www.autofocus.ca/news-events/new ... car-stolen Too many young people are being injured or killed stealing cars, thus the proposed new law. :lol:

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

I hope they got his gun back.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Surely their fathers will straighten them out...
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

dlh wrote:Surely their fathers will straighten them out...

Like LaVar Ball is doing?

earlwb

Post by earlwb »

It sure makes one wonder about the victim falling for these guys at that late hour at night. Lots of alarm bells should have gone off about this event.
Walmarts seem to be a crime magnet anymore. Criminals just seem to love to target people out in the parking lot at night at the Walmarts. The crime rates seem to rise after a Walmart opens up anywhere. I seldom go out after dark much as being an old guy it would tend to make me a target anymore. I would prefer to not have to shoot anyone. But I will if confronted though. Heck even during the daylight I do my best to stay attentive and aware of what is going on around me everywhere I go. So far I have not been put to the test so far. Knock on wood.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”