TX: Baytown- don't bring a folding knife that looks like a gun to a gunfight

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Baytown- don't bring a folding knife that looks like a gun to a gunfight

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/bayt ... s-arrested

Road rage by a young Baytown woman. Arrested.

Soccerdad1995

Re: TX: Baytown- don't bring a folding knife that looks like a gun to a gunfight

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

That's a good way to get yourself shot. Lucky for her, she will just be spending some time in lockup instead. I pray she learns her lesson before she gets killed or kills someone else. But I fear that will not happen.

RogueUSMC

Re: TX: Baytown- don't bring a folding knife that looks like a gun to a gunfight

Post by RogueUSMC »

"The weapon turned out to be a folding knife that is designed and made to look exactly like a handgun," said Sgt. Bennie Boles of the La Porte Police Department. "So therefore, if she displayed what appeared to be what the victim thought was a handgun, thinking they were in danger of being killed or in serious danger, all of those things put together actually make it aggravated assault with a deadly weapon."
I think the knife would be considered a deadly weapon also...I would think the charges would be the same regardless as to it looking like (a) a knife that looks like a knife...(b) a knife that looks like a gun....or (c) a gun that looks like a gun. All three are deadly weapons.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

ELB

Post by ELB »

Interesting.

The truck the road-rager was driving in the video was a red four door chevy.

That's the same color and make of truck featured (in upside down photos?!) in this gofundme plea from six months ago by a woman of the same name from Baytown: https://www.gofundme.com/anything-will- ... atter-what. Someone left an uncomplimentary comment. No donations yet.

An interesting comment about her history is attached to that story linked in the OP as well.
USAF 1982-2005

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

It looks like this bozo didn't learn her lesson yet. http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 08&t=89802
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I got an email notice Monday from a website selling the Knive that looks like a gun. I was going to post it with a sarcastic remark, but let the notion fade. Looks like some idiot bought one. :banghead:

Camouflage Gun Knife With Belt Clip
8" Spring Assisted Gun Design Knife with Belt Clip
Get it now Only $19.95!
$24.95
Get it now
camo-gun-knife_480x480.jpg
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”