Suspect and a child killed during gun battle with BCSO deputies

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Frankie
Posts in topic: 2

Suspect and a child killed during gun battle with BCSO deputies

Post by Frankie »

I’m a scanner enthusiast and regularly monitor Schertz and Cibolo PD. Today I teleworked and listen to this unfold. It was very haunting to hear the officer calling dispatch for medical. At first I didn’t even hear the suspect was down, Officers we focused on getting help for the little boy who was caught up in someone else’s bad decisions. Today was beginning of Christmas break and he was home because today was early release to begin the holiday break.
Please, pray for the family of this little boy and the officers who will are certainly hurting as well.

https://www.ksat.com/news/schertz-pd-bc ... ng-manhunt

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Suspect and a child killed during gun battle with BCSO deputies

Post by OneGun »

Horrible! Prayers for the innocent victims.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Some of the comments on that article are despicable
NRA Life Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Not enough details to make any intelligent comment or analysis, but the article updated at 9:37AM today I read stated:
investigators were continuing to look for the gun the woman may have been carrying. Authorities said if anyone finds it, they’re asked not to touch it, stay near it and call the Sheriff’s Office. the sheriff's dept was still searching the area for the pistol the woman was carrying.
https://www.ksat.com/news/felon-at-larg ... y-deputies
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

dlh

Post by dlh »

Body-cams?...dash-cams?...Was there any connection between the fleeing woman and little boy?

Bad shoot? Just don't know enough yet.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

If the suspect didn’t have gun how was there a gun battle?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

dlh wrote:Body-cams?...dash-cams?...Was there any connection between the fleeing woman and little boy?

Bad shoot? Just don't know enough yet.
Body cam and Dash cam will not be publicly available until the conclusion of the investigation.

During yesterdays press conference, Sherriff Salazar said there was no relationship between the suspect and the child.
They had a helicopter overhead following the suspect as she made several attempts to break into various trailers in order to escape. They believe this is what she was doing when they cornered her on the porch where the finial confrontation happened.
The helicopter also reported that she made several movements towards her waistband and made movements that lead them to believe she was caring a weapon.
It was reported that when officer made first contact with the suspect, she was hiding in a closet in another location. She either said or showed deputies a weapon and threatened to shoot officers. For unknown reasons, deputies backed off and she escaped the initial location and a pursuit ensued. I did hear some radio traffic that said she may have had a escape hatch in the trailer she was initially hiding in. I assume that on first contact the officers may not have gotten a visual on her and she might have bluffed a shootout in order to facilitate her escape via the secret hatch. Again, this is my assumption not a statement from BCSO.

Video of the news conference is in this link http://www.kens5.com/news/local/schertz ... /501498748

Bushwhacker

Post by Bushwhacker »

bblhd672 wrote:If the suspect didn’t have gun how was there a gun battle?
Maybe the child they shot had a gun.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

ELB

Post by ELB »

Was an unusual day for Guadalupe County. In addition to the above (which occurred in Guadalupe County altho the deputies involved in the shooting were from Bexar), there was a double slaying on that same day as well: http://seguingazette.com/news/article_6 ... 38cca.html
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

6-year-old boy slain in deputy-involved shooting laid to rest Thursday in San Antonio

Firefighter themed casket.

And the article also has this:
Kameron was killed on Dec. 21 as deputies opened fire on Amanda Lene Jones, a felon that they believed was armed.

Further investigation revealed that Jones did not have a gun, but was armed with a "tubular object." Some witnesses told deputies that they heard Jones claim she had a gun and would shoot them, according to Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar.
"Some witnesses told deputies they heard Jones claim" is a lot different than "deputies saw". I don't know if this is just additional info or something new.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “The Crime Blotter”