OC Has Gun Taken Away

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Jose_in_Dallas
Senior Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby Jose_in_Dallas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Deltaboy wrote:I rarely OC and I carry a speed safe knife to encourage anyone who try to grab it!


Encourage or discourage? :lol:

I don't OC publicly but I do OWB carry with a cover garment quite frequently. And I recently picked up another Safariland ALS holster after giving it a try last year and not liking it, the holster I picked up was really not a good choice for me and frequently got in the way when driving or sitting in a chair. New ALS holster I bought I added the QLS Kit to it so I can easily remove it if it gets in the way and I'm comfortable with not having it on me. And I always keep a knife on me on my off side to help discourage someone trying to grab my gun.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2726
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:29 pm

OldCannon wrote:Open carrying is pretty much the dumbest thing possible in public environments where you don't know the people around you. You are telegraphing exactly how you're armed and where your firearm is at. I fully support the change in laws that support open carry, but doesn't change the fact that if you're open carrying in a crowded public environment, I'm just gonna think, "Bless his heart."

And we all know what that means.


Not attacking you personally here, but this is precisely the type of post that makes me think it is pointless to have conversations about OC vs CC on this board. Open carry is the ""dumbest thing possible in public environments"? Really? If you honestly believe that there is nothing "dumber" that one can do in a public environment, then all I can say is "bless your heart."
Ding dong, the witch is dead


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby crazy2medic » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:53 pm

I open carry, the only time I conceal is when a business that I need to go into is posted .07, first I am very mindful of what's around me, who's around me, I take the necessary precautions of not allowing anybody to be right on me, second I carry a very sharp knife, as a paramedic I know where to stick it to have the desired outcome! If you want to conceal carry then do so, I open carry and your opinion of that means little to me!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2726
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:03 pm

If nothing else, this should encourage everyone to carry a BUG.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


cedarparkdad987
Junior Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby cedarparkdad987 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:If nothing else, this should encourage everyone to carry a BUG.

Why?

User avatar

bigtek
Member
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby bigtek » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:14 pm

CleverNickname wrote:If they get their gun taken like guy in the news story that prompted this thread, then do they really deserve respect?

So if he wasn't shot, he deserves more respect than police who are shot with their own gun?
Give peace a chance.

I'll cover you in case it doesn't work out.

User avatar

CleverNickname
Senior Member
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby CleverNickname » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:04 pm

cedarparkdad987 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:If nothing else, this should encourage everyone to carry a BUG.

Why?

So the thief can get two guns, duh.

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby oljames3 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
OldCannon wrote:Open carrying is pretty much the dumbest thing possible in public environments where you don't know the people around you. You are telegraphing exactly how you're armed and where your firearm is at. I fully support the change in laws that support open carry, but doesn't change the fact that if you're open carrying in a crowded public environment, I'm just gonna think, "Bless his heart."

And we all know what that means.


Not attacking you personally here, but this is precisely the type of post that makes me think it is pointless to have conversations about OC vs CC on this board. Open carry is the ""dumbest thing possible in public environments"? Really? If you honestly believe that there is nothing "dumber" that one can do in a public environment, then all I can say is "bless your heart."

:iagree:
There are many forums on the web which excel at boorish behavior and downright meanness. Such behavior, although seemingly tolerated by this forum's moderators, seems to me to be an ineffective method of education or persuasion.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby oljames3 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Jose_in_Dallas wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:I rarely OC and I carry a speed safe knife to encourage anyone who try to grab it!


Encourage or discourage? :lol:

I don't OC publicly but I do OWB carry with a cover garment quite frequently. And I recently picked up another Safariland ALS holster after giving it a try last year and not liking it, the holster I picked up was really not a good choice for me and frequently got in the way when driving or sitting in a chair. New ALS holster I bought I added the QLS Kit to it so I can easily remove it if it gets in the way and I'm comfortable with not having it on me. And I always keep a knife on me on my off side to help discourage someone trying to grab my gun.

I also carry openly in an ALS with the QLS with the extra locking lugs on the receiver (QLS 22L). I added the Guard. Being able to easily remove the holstered pistol from my belt without having to loosen the belt meets my needs.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby Pawpaw » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:15 pm

oljames3 wrote:There are many forums on the web which excel at boorish behavior and downright meanness. Such behavior, although seemingly tolerated by this forum's moderators, seems to me to be an ineffective method of education or persuasion.

:iagree:

Proverbs 17:28
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

Deltaboy
Senior Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Johnson County TX

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby Deltaboy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Jose_in_Dallas wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:I rarely OC and I carry a speed safe knife to encourage anyone who try to grab it!


Encourage or discourage? :lol:

I don't OC publicly but I do OWB carry with a cover garment quite frequently. And I recently picked up another Safariland ALS holster after giving it a try last year and not liking it, the holster I picked up was really not a good choice for me and frequently got in the way when driving or sitting in a chair. New ALS holster I bought I added the QLS Kit to it so I can easily remove it if it gets in the way and I'm comfortable with not having it on me. And I always keep a knife on me on my off side to help discourage someone trying to grab my gun.


Oops Discourage!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.


kw5kw
Senior Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby kw5kw » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:34 pm

OlBill wrote:Why do police officers open carry?


The law requires that they carry open.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

User avatar

SpringerFan
Senior Member
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Hockley, TX.

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby SpringerFan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:29 pm

John Galt wrote:Just another reason that I only CC.


Same here, but I respect those that OC, and I'm glad we have the freedom to choose.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper


NNT
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby NNT » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:49 pm

If you can't take some mild criticism, maybe you should reflect on your amount of respect for the first amendment.


Maybe there are different definitions of mild. Calling something the dumbest thing you can do is hardly mild. And I agree with others on 1A, it is not a pass to say anything you want without others disagreeing...

User avatar

RogueUSMC
Senior Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 pm
Location: Smith County
Contact:

Re: OC Has Gun Taken Away

Postby RogueUSMC » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 am

Charles runs a nice forum here...cudos to the mod team. All in all, thi is a very tame forum with very few complete jerks in attendance but...

I wonder how different the conversations would be if we were tlking to each other face to face rather than through a computer screen. If I want to say somrthing to someone and I think, "is this guy gonna wanna pop me in the mouth if I talk to him like that?" Alot of times it will make me 'rephrase' my statements. Why should talking through computer screens allow me to lose decorum?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001


Return to “The Crime Blotter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest