Houston: Woman Waiting Inside Car at Gas Station - Killed by Attempted Car Jackers

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gamboolman
Posts in topic: 1

Houston: Woman Waiting Inside Car at Gas Station - Killed by Attempted Car Jackers

Post by gamboolman »

The topic of awareness at Gas Stations is common.

This incident and the video shows how fast it can happen. Lady waiting in car at gas station while boyfriend and another male passenger go inside the store.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 554540.php

It is sad the lady was murdered by the two thugs. Seeing the video just infuriates me.

Quite often, Ms. gamboolgal waits in the car while I take care of fueling and then go in to get coffee or a soda for her, etc. We do talk about making a effort to be vigilant at gas stations for just this sort of thing.

However the reality is.....
She does not always lock the doors, and with smart phones nowadays she has her head down and is oblivious to the surroundings alot of the time.

And Ms. gamboolgal purse carries - this incident happened so fast - that I do not think she would have had time to react.
Last edited by gamboolman on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Houston: Woman Waiting Inside Car at Gas Station - Killed by Attempted Car Jackers

Post by philip964 »

Is this the world we now live in?

So sad. So tragic.

Rode up on bicycles.

Remember when some people got upset about profiling people in hoodies.

RIP

RoyGBiv

Re: Houston: Woman Waiting Inside Car at Gas Station - Killed by Attempted Car Jackers

Post by RoyGBiv »

Chilling. Infuriating.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The real shame of all of this is that people today do not value other peoples' lives the way people treated people in my father's day.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

philip964 wrote:Is this the world we now live in?
No, it's not the world - it's Alief. I'm not saying it's excusable or should be expected, but some areas of greater Houston pose a greater risk than others. I've done a lot of outdoor survey-type work throughout the metro area, work that requires me to get out and walk around, and Alief ranks near the top of my personal risk list. I'd rather be down in the wards. Only in an absolute emergency would I fuel any vehicle of mine after dark, and even then, not in a place like that.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

This is especially chilling. Bicycles? Just kill her in cold blood and then ride away? I can't even imagine what kind of home life these two thugs grew up in. We all know gas stations are a hazard zone, and things can go bad very, very quickly. But that video adds a fresh new emphasis to the importance of situational awareness.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

ELB

Post by ELB »

After watching the vid I tend to think that this started out as a theft or burglary of the car's contents rather than a carjacking. I think the woman was a surprise to the killers.

Once in San Antonio I stopped at a gas station during the day because my wife wanted to buy a soft drink. There was a SAPD officer there also, and when my wife got of the car and closed the door he heard all the door locks clunk as I hit the button. He teased her bit saying "So, he locked you out!" or something along those lines. She told him "We always lock our car doors at a gas station." She told me he then said, with emphasis, "That's a good idea. That's a REAL GOOD idea!.'
USAF 1982-2005

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2-ar ... as-station

Arrested.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/man- ... police-say

But the LEO's work is never done.

From the comments on this story some people are keeping track of the "score". According to this person: Houston is in week number 6. The score 13 BOB vs 1 MOM vs 0 WOW.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Both are over 18 yrs. so they can be executed. Now let's get it done before their hair turns gray and starts to fall out.

Chas.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Both are over 18 yrs. so they can be executed. Now let's get it done before their hair turns gray and starts to fall out.

Chas.
:iagree: If anything we take way too long to execute (permanent rehabilitation) those who have been found guilty with irrefutable evidence.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Definitely a situational awareness case. How tragic, how infuriating. What hoplophobes don't seem to grasp is how purely cold blooded these kinds of people are. They'll kill you as casually as you'd sip a cup of coffee, of course with utter disregard for gun laws, signage, etc. What do they want us to defend ourselves with, spitballs? Harsh language?

My wife is in this situation all the time, when we travel to other Texas cities, although I make a point to stop in the daytime at brightly lit, busy places. I'll run in and go to the bathroom and pick up a bottle of water or whatever she wants, while she stays in the car checking her email on her smartphone. But I always lock the car when I get out.
-Ruark

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

I have posted this before and will probably post it again.

New American Standard Bible. Ecclesiastes 8:11
Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I believe if we are going to decrease murder in America then executions need to be carried out quickly.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I've always said they should execute murderers within a year of being found guilty instead of putting them in prison for a few years then releasing them again to continue there crime sprees. Every murderer should be executed not just some.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/duo- ... police-say

Pair robbed a man just 8 hours later.

Details the excellent police work that went into catching them. Figured with the bicycles they lived nearby. Saturated the area with undercover officers. One BG was still wearing the same clothes as in the surveillance videos.

Well done LEO's.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”