Robber didn't want to leave witnesses

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Robber didn't want to leave witnesses

Post by mojo84 »

Apparently, the robber didn't want to leave witnesses. You never know when a robbery will just be a robbery.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Temple ... 25853.html
TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) Police found Cody Glenn Cornell, 25, and Robert Joseph Pellerin III, 35, bound in duct tape and dead of shotgun wounds to the head after responding to a request for a welfare check on the night of March 14 at the O’Reilly Auto Parts store at 1720 SW H.K. Dodgen Loop, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday.

The two men were lying face down in a pool of blood in the store’s back office, the affidavit said.

Pellerin had been shot twice, the affidavit said.

Officers determined that cash had been taken from the store’s cash register.

Theodore Wayne Sims, 47, of Harker Heights, was arrested at around 2:20 p.m. last Thursday near the Harker Heights Walmart
store.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Robber didn't want to leave witnesses

Post by ELB »

Ugh.

Be sure to follow the link and read the whole story. The two guys who ran lived. The two that cooperated did not.
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

Coincidence? The NAPA store that the killer tried to rob prior to going to O'Reilly's is owned by people with the same last name as his. He had been fired from the NAPA store a week prior for stealing. He had also worked at the O'Reilly's store prior to that.

http://www.tdtnews.com/news/article_92c ... 144ce.html
USAF 1982-2005

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Just bought the shotgun too. No previous record which would have kept him from buying it?

ELB

Post by ELB »

rotor wrote:Just bought the shotgun too. No previous record which would have kept him from buying it?
I wondered about that. I googled for arrests but nothing else came up.
USAF 1982-2005

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

ELB wrote:Ugh.

Be sure to follow the link and read the whole story. The two guys who ran lived. The two that cooperated did not.
When you put your life in the hands of your attacker, that is not a good place to be. Concealed carry gives me options.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

^^ Exactly! ^^
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

rotor wrote:Just bought the shotgun too. No previous record which would have kept him from buying it?
- multiple murders
- steals from his employers
- from the photo in the news article; that's some chest tattoo he's got there.

all of which make me wonder about previous criminal record (juvenile, perhaps?) and if he was really eligible to buy a firearm, or was he another example of one NICS should have caught.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Hopefully justice will be served and quickly. This loser doesn't need to be sucking up taxpayer dollars lounging around waiting for his execution.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

flechero

Post by flechero »

mojo84 wrote:You never know when a robbery will just be a robbery.
True, but this was not one.

Although he took stuff after the fact, this was never about robbery... it was a premeditated murder, plain and simple. This is local for us. Glad the first 2 ran, wish the other would have also...

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

flechero wrote:

Although he took stuff after the fact, this was never about robbery... it was a premeditated murder, plain and simple. This is local for us. Glad the first 2 ran, wish the other would have also...
My point is still valid. People never know when someone plans to just take something or do something more heinous.

In this case, whether it was initially intended as a robbery or a murder, how would the results be different?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Being spiritually fit is very important. You never know when your time is. Just because you carry a gun doesn’t mean your going to make it out alive but it does give you a chance. It is very important to always be vigilant and pick up on pre attack ques if possible. If your being held at gun point you have two options... A. Submit and do what your told B. Fight with all you have and hope that you want to live more than the attacker does. If you are being held at gun point it is never smart to draw if they have the drop on your. Look for your opportunity to draw and stop the threat. You need to know 100% if you carry a gun that you are willing to stop the threat no matter the cost and sometimes that does mean the end result is the loss of a life. If you are not sure you can do it either get sure or don’t carry.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The thought of not drawing against them is not an option, I learned when I was a medic on the swat team that you have at least a even chance of getting a round off, our tactical sargent would have us draw against each other, it almost always ended in a tie, with the contest going to the most accurate! I WILL DRAW AGAINST THEM!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

flechero

Post by flechero »

mojo84 wrote:
flechero wrote:

My point is still valid. People never know when someone plans to just take something or do something more heinous.

In this case, whether it was initially intended as a robbery or a murder, how would the results be different?
Sorry, my point was not to discredit your post- only to say that this guy was hunting employees of the 2 stores...

The fact of the matter is that you are 100% right, and that's one of the reasons I carry everyday. :tiphat:

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Yes, it sure would be scary to draw on a drawn gun, but "action beats reaction",
so by drawing 2nd and firing immediately, you may surprise the BG.

If you watch robbery videos, the BG sometimes gets focused on the cash drawer,
and he thinks he has everyone under control. That's when he very well may not
notice your draw.

YMMV.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”