TX: Suicide by police? Or just crazy? Dashcam video

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Suicide by police? Or just crazy? Dashcam video

Post by jason812 »

Clearly justified. The silver car pulling up opposite direction is lucky to not catch the misses.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

To answer the questions in the title:

Suicide by Cop? Answer: YES
Crazy? Answer: YES

The truly sad part is that the deadguy wanted to die at the hand of a cop but Officer Adams was not the afforded the choice of being the participant. I believe the news articles that Officer Adams is shook up by the event. I am confident a grand jury of Texans will find that the officer's actions were consistent with the use of force policies. Point a gun at an officer, you're gonna die.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by puma guy »

jason812 wrote:Clearly justified. The silver car pulling up opposite direction is lucky to not catch the misses.
And the guy walking who was at one point in the line of fire. He can be seen walking nonchalantly in the pawn shop parking lot even after the shooting took place. Maybe he's deaf.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

puma guy wrote:
jason812 wrote:Clearly justified. The silver car pulling up opposite direction is lucky to not catch the misses.
And the guy walking who was at one point in the line of fire. He can be seen walking nonchalantly in the pawn shop parking lot even after the shooting took place. Maybe he's deaf.
Or jamming out to music in a set of headphones. Either way, he was not situationally aware of his surroundings and what was happening.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I scheduled a ride along tonight with Pasadena PD and chose tonight especially for the full moon. My ride along officer is delayed as I wait for him to get back from a shooting. No officers down per the desk officer, but he said there were two victims. Looks like I may have chosen the right night.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

puma guy wrote:I scheduled a ride along tonight with Pasadena PD and chose tonight especially for the full moon. My ride along officer is delayed as I wait for him to get back from a shooting. No officers down per the desk officer, but he said there were two victims. Looks like I may have chosen the right night.
Stay safe. I went on a ride along 2 weeks ago. Very enlightening .
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

glazer1972

Post by glazer1972 »

Oldgringo wrote:What impressed me was the newscaster lady, an adult Hubba Hubba!
Dominique.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Flightmare wrote:
puma guy wrote:I scheduled a ride along tonight with Pasadena PD and chose tonight especially for the full moon. My ride along officer is delayed as I wait for him to get back from a shooting. No officers down per the desk officer, but he said there were two victims. Looks like I may have chosen the right night.
Stay safe. I went on a ride along 2 weeks ago. Very enlightening .
Thank you. I was assigned an alternate ride along officer due to the shooting where a victim was killed. Mine was enlightening, as well. Not so much from the police activity and procedures. I had many friends who were LEO's. What surprised me was listening to the officers at each scene talk about past incidents that never make our news or news paper. The radio system as features secured frequencies, monitoring is difficult. My little city has more crime than I had imagined. As I was dropped off at the station the distraught family of the victim of the fatal shooting was leaving. My original ride along officer was still at the scene of the shooting at 5AM. I'm going to sign up for another ride on evening shift if their are slots available.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Some of my LEO buds have had to shoot to survive and yes the criminal was killed.

Not one (and I can count 3) said that given the circumstances, they had no lasting PTSD type reaction.

Why not?

They wanted to live and to do what they had to do (shoot the criminal) meant they had to shoot the to survive...not because they're looking for a reason to kill.

If someone does a home invasion and I have to shoot to defend me and mine, am I going to have to go to counseling?

Possibly, but if you invade my home to do harm, am I only O.K. if I tolerate it rather than defend myself?

Nope..

Unless you live in a state that thinks criminals 'should' be allowed to invade without harm to them, because hey they gotta make a livin too...and you the homeowner need to vacate your home for them to pillage but if you stay to torture and possibly rape you...not in Texas dirtbag...

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Abraham wrote:Some of my LEO buds have had to shoot to survive and yes the criminal was killed.

Not one (and I can count 3) said that given the circumstances, no they had no lasting PTSD long lasting type reaction.

Why not?

They wanted to live and to what they had to do meant they had to do what they had to do to survive...

If someone does a home invasion and I have to shoot to defend me and mine, am I going to have to go to counseling?

Possibly, but if you invade my home to do harm, am I only O.K. if I tolerate it rather than defend myself?

Nope..

Unless you live in a state that thinks criminals 'should' be allowed to invade without harm to them, because hey they gotta make a livin too...not in Texas dirtbag...
The officer involved is an ex-Marine. His response and reaction to the shooter were described as "textbook" by the Sargent on duty last night. I agree.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”