Fort Worth police arrest teen suspects in game room robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Fort Worth police arrest teen suspects in game room robbery

Post by Bitter Clinger »

While I doubt most of us would be found in a "game room", especially after midnight, the number and age of assailants, their aggressive entry and use of weaponry is
extreme:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/fort-worth ... om-robbery
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fort Worth police arrest teen suspects in game room robbery

Post by Pilgrim »

For those who are savvy in defense strategy, what would you do in this situation? Other than not being there in the first place.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Although we can't see the rest of the establishment, it appears that the hoodlums had a good shock-and-awe strategy, bringing apparently overwhelming force quickly into the room. Their swift movement into and supposedly throughout the room makes most defensive strategies relatively ineffective. The only potentially effective strategy I could think of in such a case is seeking cover or concealment if at all possible while preparing to mount an armed defense. Only seeing a portion of the room / establishment, it is hard to tell if there is any realistic possibility of this at all. If that wasn't possible, I'd purposefully comply with their demands until I had a chance to purposefully defy and mount a defense (armed or otherwise at that point, since things are clearly more desperate at that stage). From the limited perspective shown in the video, I can't really say much more than that...
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I don't know how savvy I am, but hypothetically speaking based on watching the video;

The only advantage here is that the front entry is a choke point. The have to come thru an outer door and do a 90 degree right turn to go thru the inner door. The space between the two doors seems to be pretty small.
If I was at a game room at 4am I hopefully would have
1) seated myself near a rear exit and still had a good view of front entry
2) maintained situational awareness such that when the group started coming thru the outer door I still had a chance to exit out the back. I don't do 5 on 1 if there are any other choices.

'Plan B' would be to take them 1 by 1 as they came thru the (inner?) door; hopefully the ones not first in line would not be able to engage with their partner in the way. Even then, engaging multiple opponents from inside a room with no real concealment and zero cover would probably not end well for me.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pilgrim »

Thank you both for the good replies!

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I agree, you a sitting duck against that many. Chances are at 4AM, They are on drugs and would probably go after you if you started shooting. Just comply and hope for the best at that point.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”