TX: Houston construction superintendent robbed murdered at construction site by 2 men

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Houston construction superintendent robbed murdered at construction site by 2 men

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/man- ... puties-say

I’ve never considered a construction site a target for armed robbers.

No longer.

Usual suspects.

RIP

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Houston construction superintendent robbed murdered at construction site by 2 men

Post by johncanfield »

Very sad, probably drug related yet again. Glad I'm in a rural area but I still carry all the time.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

kayt00

Re: TX: Houston construction superintendent robbed murdered at construction site by 2 men

Post by kayt00 »

Sadder are some of the comments below such as "The 2nd Amendment strikes again...". Sigh, Poor soulless, mushi brained children.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Construction sites are prime targets for theft of copper/metal, tools or equipment. Also, many construction workers that travel have perdeum money that has been given to them for expenses.

My wife works for one and most of their site supervisors carry where they can, as well as the owner carries. She is armed at the office not only for others, but every once in a while you fire someone for drugs or other violations and you never know when they decide to come back and seek revenge for being terminated.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

kayt00 wrote:Sadder are some of the comments below such as "The 2nd Amendment strikes again...". Sigh, Poor soulless, mushi brained children.
The Bloomberg/Soros machine has a lot of trolls out there hitting every news story on the web blaming the 2nd Amendment and/or the NRA for every shooting.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Just wondering if the deceased supervisor had an LTC and was unable to carry on the job.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

bblhd672 wrote:
kayt00 wrote:Sadder are some of the comments below such as "The 2nd Amendment strikes again...". Sigh, Poor soulless, mushi brained children.
The Bloomberg/Soros machine has a lot of trolls out there hitting every news story on the web blaming the 2nd Amendment and/or the NRA for every shooting.
:iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

mayor

Post by mayor »

Take Down Sicko wrote:Just wondering if the deceased supervisor had an LTC and was unable to carry on the job.
I work on a federal reservation (campus for any PC folks) and can't carry and leave it in my car under threat of termination. Hacks me off but that is one of the consequences for being paid a living wage. Was working there before I had a LTC.

ml1209

Post by ml1209 »

It's beginning to look like anywhere can be a crime scene. No matter if it's a nice area or not. People got to stay alert.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I carry while out.

I carry inside.

No longer do I think having a firearm "near me" is adequate.

Having on me is adequate.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G26ster »

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get all the postings about robberies, murders, or assaults as somehow being something new or different. Regardless of country, state, city or town, or neighborhood, criminals and crazies have been perpetrating crime since time began. Sure, nothing wrong with reminders, but is there anyone on a LTC type forum unaware of the situation or the need for protection? As I said, maybe it's just me, but IMHO, these posts serve no useful purpose that I can see. Now if it is a case of something that would enable a LTC to "improve" their defense strategy or provide "useful" infomation, I'm all for it. But simply posting about a common violent crime, for the sake of just reporting it, is something I don't understand. But hey, I'm old and cranky, so forgive me if you disagree. :cheers2:

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

Ever since I got my LTC I carry everyday. I live in a rural area with no internet access but even if im just walkin around my house or outside on my property I still carry. I will not enter a business or building that is 30.06/30.07 posted. I don't care what it is. the only exception would be if someone i knew was in the hospital and the hospital was posted. Other than that nope. restaurants, retail businesses, gas stations. Doesn't matter.
NRA Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

G26ster wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't get all the postings about robberies, murders, or assaults as somehow being something new or different. Regardless of country, state, city or town, or neighborhood, criminals and crazies have been perpetrating crime since time began. Sure, nothing wrong with reminders, but is there anyone on a LTC type forum unaware of the situation or the need for protection? As I said, maybe it's just me, but IMHO, these posts serve no useful purpose that I can see. Now if it is a case of something that would enable a LTC to "improve" their defense strategy or provide "useful" infomation, I'm all for it. But simply posting about a common violent crime, for the sake of just reporting it, is something I don't understand. But hey, I'm old and cranky, so forgive me if you disagree. :cheers2:
I respectfully disagree. There are people who have the mentality "Oh that stuff doesn't happen in real life" or "Well that will never happen to me" or "that only happens in the movies". I think if people actually knew how much crime went on it would change their views a bit... my girlfriend for example use to be like that. but we've been dating for 4 years now and she now no longer leaves her keys in her car when she goes somewhere. always locks the doors on her car. always sleeps with her henry repeater next to her bed. checks and double checks to make sure the doors are locked at night. she still does some things that irk me and seem reckless to me like she siad the other day an elderly couple had a flat tire on the highway so she stopped to help them. I would never do that. for all she knows there could be their son laying down in the back seat with a shotgun ready for an ambush. or how she will walk places sometimes. she says "oh its just 2 blocks away" yeah but all it takes for a BG is 20 feet to sneak up on you. I think its a good thing that people are reporting everyday crimes. not only doesnt it help people with "im immune" mentalities but it also keeps people like me who live in the middle of nowhere up to date on where a lot of the crime is happening. Like I wont be visiting houston anytime soon. or austin. those 2 places seem to have skyrocketing crime rates here lately.
NRA Member

G26ster
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G26ster »

Grundy1133 wrote:
G26ster wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't get all the postings about robberies, murders, or assaults as somehow being something new or different. Regardless of country, state, city or town, or neighborhood, criminals and crazies have been perpetrating crime since time began. Sure, nothing wrong with reminders, but is there anyone on a LTC type forum unaware of the situation or the need for protection? As I said, maybe it's just me, but IMHO, these posts serve no useful purpose that I can see. Now if it is a case of something that would enable a LTC to "improve" their defense strategy or provide "useful" infomation, I'm all for it. But simply posting about a common violent crime, for the sake of just reporting it, is something I don't understand. But hey, I'm old and cranky, so forgive me if you disagree. :cheers2:
I respectfully disagree. There are people who have the mentality "Oh that stuff doesn't happen in real life" or "Well that will never happen to me" or "that only happens in the movies". I think if people actually knew how much crime went on it would change their views a bit... my girlfriend for example use to be like that. but we've been dating for 4 years now and she now no longer leaves her keys in her car when she goes somewhere. always locks the doors on her car. always sleeps with her henry repeater next to her bed. checks and double checks to make sure the doors are locked at night. she still does some things that irk me and seem reckless to me like she siad the other day an elderly couple had a flat tire on the highway so she stopped to help them. I would never do that. for all she knows there could be their son laying down in the back seat with a shotgun ready for an ambush. or how she will walk places sometimes. she says "oh its just 2 blocks away" yeah but all it takes for a BG is 20 feet to sneak up on you. I think its a good thing that people are reporting everyday crimes. not only doesnt it help people with "im immune" mentalities but it also keeps people like me who live in the middle of nowhere up to date on where a lot of the crime is happening. Like I wont be visiting houston anytime soon. or austin. those 2 places seem to have skyrocketing crime rates here lately.
Respectfully, my point was that this is a forum of "informed" individuals, not a forum of individuals who think, "oh that stuff doesn't happen in real life." IOW, threads such as this one are preaching to the choir. In 2015 there were 1.5 million violent crimes in the U.S. That's over 3400 per day. Are some worthy of note to LTC's? Sure, but a vast majority are just the usual crimes that have been happening in locales since time began, and provide no useful information to the LTC. If we posted all or most of them here, Charles would need a lot more server space. It would be a lot more useful, if you are trying to avoid high crime areas to simply Google the area for crime rate, rather than relying on a few posts per day/week on the forum. I don't want to engage in a spat with you, or demean your post in any way, but if you relied on posts here to determine where it is safe and where it is not, I imagine you would now avoid all construction sites. In the end, the members of the forum usually believe that no place is "safe" and that is why they carry. Again, im not trying to offend anyone, just rendering an opinion which members can always disagree with. :cheers2:

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

G26ster wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Respectfully, my point was that this is a forum of "informed" individuals, not a forum of individuals who think, "oh that stuff doesn't happen in real life." IOW, threads such as this one are preaching to the choir. In 2015 there were 1.5 million violent crimes in the U.S. That's over 3400 per day. Are some worthy of note to LTC's? Sure, but a vast majority are just the usual crimes that have been happening in locales since time began, and provide no useful information to the LTC. If we posted all or most of them here, Charles would need a lot more server space. It would be a lot more useful, if you are trying to avoid high crime areas to simply Google the area for crime rate, rather than relying on a few posts per day/week on the forum. I don't want to engage in a spat with you, or demean your post in any way, but if you relied on posts here to determine where it is safe and where it is not, I imagine you would now avoid all construction sites. In the end, the members of the forum usually believe that no place is "safe" and that is why they carry. Again, im not trying to offend anyone, just rendering an opinion which members can always disagree with. :cheers2:
But my girlfriend isn't a member of the forum so when is ee things like this i can tell her about them and help her see that bad thigns do happen all the time regardless of what reality she chooses to live in. lol :lol:
NRA Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”