TX: Houston construction superintendent robbed murdered at construction site by 2 men

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Houston construction superintendent robbed murdered at construction site by 2 men

Post by Flightmare »

Additionally, it helps not only for new people to these forums, but it also helps to spread the word about possible new tactics and targets bad guys choose. That is where I see threads like this being beneficial. Even the OP didn't consider construction sites to be a potential target.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

G26ster
Posts in topic: 5

Re: TX: Houston construction superintendent robbed murdered at construction site by 2 men

Post by G26ster »

Grundy1133 wrote: But my girlfriend isn't a member of the forum so when is ee things like this i can tell her about them and help her see that bad thigns do happen all the time regardless of what reality she chooses to live in. lol :lol:
Ok, so now you can tell her to quit hanging around constructions sites since you read it here. (That was a joke) :cheers2:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

:iagree:
    My wife does not read this forum either. She use to roll her eyes when she saw me taking a pistol when ever and where ever we went. However. since having me relay some of the accounts of evil discribed here, watching a smattering of shows like Live PD and Monsters and having her own experience of someone trying to gain access to the house, she now asks me if I have remembered my " fiends when we go out. Knowledge and information is a good thing. She now knows everyone does not think like she does or has her values.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Flightmare wrote:Additionally, it helps not only for new people to these forums, but it also helps to spread the word about possible new tactics and targets bad guys choose. That is where I see threads like this being beneficial. Even the OP didn't consider construction sites to be a potential target.
    Why would a construction site not be considered a potential target? Thousands of dollars of valuable equipment sitting there. What are not potential targets? What are the areas you feel safe not carrying even if you are allowed to? My point is that crime is everywhere, and unless it has a valid teaching point for the LTC-er, it's pretty useless being posted as there are thousands of violent crimes being committed daily. While I don't disagree completely, if you need this forum to relay that the world is full of evil people, and that nowhere can be considered "safe," I don't think you would have gotten an LTC in the first place.

WTR
    Banned

Post by WTR »

I would liked to see the % of LTCers that carry on a daily bacis.....I would bet it low. If that is the case even many LTCers don't perceive this world to be full of evil. If even one person is convinced to begin carrying religiously then the telling of the crimes is well worth it.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

WTR wrote:I would liked to see the % of LTCers that carry on a daily bacis.....I would bet it low. If that is the case even many LTCers don't perceive this world to be full of evil. If even one person is convinced to begin carrying religiously then the telling of the crimes is well worth it.
    :iagree:

And as others have done, I've used stories posted here to inform and motivate others to get their LTCs.
    Deplorable lunatic since 2016

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Since it seems about 90% of these posts start with "TX: Houston" I'm convinced there's nothing I need to see in Houston. Dallas might be just as bad but no one is posting about every shooting that happens in Dallas/Ft. Worth.
    The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dlh
    Posts in topic: 1

Post by dlh »

Grundy1133 wrote:Ever since I got my LTC I carry everyday. I live in a rural area with no internet access but even if im just walkin around my house or outside on my property I still carry. I will not enter a business or building that is 30.06/30.07 posted. I don't care what it is. the only exception would be if someone i knew was in the hospital and the hospital was posted. Other than that nope. restaurants, retail businesses, gas stations. Doesn't matter.
    Agree 100%.
    I was a voracious reader when I was a teenager and somebody said read Truman Capote. So, I read In Cold Blood...If you think you are safe out in the country then I strongly encourage you to read that book.
    I now live in the country too and carry 24/7.
    Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

OK, I won't beat a dead horse or post further on this topic. I think my point is missed. I was not saying do not post crime descriptions on the forum. I postulated posts of crimes, where "mistakes" were made that may have saved the victim and/or altered the outcome, and that would be educational for the LTC-er, were useful and informative. I don't think posting of a crime that occurs dozens of times per day, where no witnesses were present, and the only account we have is that it happened, is useful or informative to forum members. Now if this forum is your sole reminder and description of over 3400 violent crimes in the U.S. per DAY to pass on to others, and that you have a LTC for a good reason, well then I guess you'll just have to disagree with me. Once again, MHO :cheers2:

twomillenium
    Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

bblhd672 wrote:Since it seems about 90% of these posts start with "TX: Houston" I'm convinced there's nothing I need to see in Houston. Dallas might be just as bad but no one is posting about every shooting that happens in Dallas/Ft. Worth.
    Maybe the folks in Houston are making theses posts because they don't have their head in the sand. Maybe I should correct that say, " not as many".
    Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
    philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/hous ... ris-county

Man arrested in the capital murder case.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”