FBI: Most violent city in each State ranked

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FBI: Most violent city in each State ranked

Post by LDB415 »

Houston is incorrectly listed somehow either not in position 15 or not 1210 as the list is in declining numbers except for that.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

LeonCarr ,

Oh the irony...Robstown...

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I remember building an apartment complex back in the early eighties close to Robstown Most thieving place I have ever worked in Tx. Only beat out by Miami Florida for 1st place over all in my experience.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

I used to go through Robstown regularly on my way to Corpus, a couple of years ago I was talking to someone about the area, and she told me it was very high crime. Mostly because of a lot of unemployment, a small police department, and a big Meth problem. I don't know if anything has changed since, but she had warned me not to go there even if just driving though.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LeonCarr »

Wow...so I guess it really is Robs-Town.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

downzero

Post by downzero »

The reason why the rankings don't look right is because these numbers are not supposed to be used for rankings. The stats are not meant or compiled for that, per the people that compile them. From the press release, and it used to be posted on the DOJ web site or may still be:
Caution against ranking: Each year when Crime in the United States is published, some entities use the figures to compile rankings of cities and counties. These rough rankings provide no insight into the numerous variables that mold crime in a particular town, city, county, state, tribal area, or region. Consequently, they lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents. Valid assessments are possible only with careful study and analysis of the range of unique conditions affecting each local law enforcement jurisdiction. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing crime data of individual reporting units from cities, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of their population coverage or student enrollment.
The release, a variation is done and ignored every year-
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press ... statistics

Return to “The Crime Blotter”