Three shot breaking into LGS

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Three shot breaking into LGS

Post by Vol Texan »

This is not far from my home - I sometimes use this range to qualify my LTC students.

Not the fanciest range on the block, but a good group of folks work here.
For the second time in 24 hours, a gun store in west Houston has been the target of an attempted burglary, but this time the suspects were shot in the process.
http://abc13.com/amp/hpd-guard-shoots-3 ... e/3354929/
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Three shot breaking into LGS

Post by Grundy1133 »

glad they were able to stop them this time.
NRA Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Good outcome

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Wrong place, doing the wrong thing at the wrong time! Stupidity has consequences!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ELB

Post by ELB »

Good deal. This should be in the Self-Defense forum.
USAF 1982-2005

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Man Houston has really gone up in crime lately. Not the first time a gun store has been broken into either, top range and collectors firearms have both been burglarized over a few years ago. Seems like every day now there's another shooting or armed robbery here in Houston. Hope my LTC goes through and I get my card soon.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Odinvalknir wrote:Man Houston has really gone up in crime lately. Not the first time a gun store has been broken into either, top range and collectors firearms have both been burglarized over a few years ago. Seems like every day now there's another shooting or armed robbery here in Houston. Hope my LTC goes through and I get my card soon.
Houston is slowly becoming Austin.... sad.
NRA Member

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

That security guard shouldn't have been using a weapon of war! Think of the children!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Odinvalknir wrote:Man Houston has really gone up in crime lately. Not the first time a gun store has been broken into either, top range and collectors firearms have both been burglarized over a few years ago. Seems like every day now there's another shooting or armed robbery here in Houston. Hope my LTC goes through and I get my card soon.
It accelerated after they hired a certain police chief from Austin although the I think that is more a symptom of the underlying issue than the cause...

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
It accelerated after they hired a certain police chief from Austin although the I think that is more a symptom of the underlying issue than the cause...

This is very true. I kind of had a feeling when they hired that police chief that things would start to get worse along with our idiot mayor.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Yep Houston became even Bluer at the top with the last election. We replaced a liberal police chief with even more liberal and vocal about it Art Acevedo, a conservative DA with the almost radically liberal Kim Ogg, a conservative Harris County Sheriff with liberal Ed Gonzalez. The face of law enforcement went entirely Blue and the illegal aliens and criminals must have rejoiced and made plans to step up activity. Of course the office of mayor stayed Blue but at least we got rid of Anise Parker. For Congress critters in the immediate metro area we have Ted Poe in Dist 2, a good man and a Republican but now retiring, John Culberson in Dist 7 whose been in office since 2001, the radical Democrat Al 'Impeach Trump' Green in Dist 9, Houston's greatest embarrasment Sheila Jackson Lee in Dist 18 and poster child for term limits having been annoying the city and Congress since 1995, and Gene Greene in Dist 29, another Dem whose been in office since 1993. If you count Ted Poe's seat as an unknown that makes three out of four Dems and two of those maybe the most radical Dems in the state. But all big cities in Texas and the country are going the wrong way.

Trivia. Who was the last Republican mayor of Houston? I think a lot of people think it was Bob Lanier but it wasn't. You have to go all the way back to 1978 and Jim McConn. Fred Hofheinz before him was a Dem and before him in 1964 Louie Welch was a Republican. Some consider Bob Lanier to have been about as moderate a Dem as we've had recently, but that was still his party. So Houston has had a Dem mayor for 36 years straight, since 1982. More trivia. Who was Bob Lanier's rival for the election he won in 92? It was current mayor Sylvester Turner.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Heh. Timing is everything I guess. Just got this in email from the city of Houston.

At 10 a.m. TOMORROW (Thursday, April 19), Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo will join the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in unveiling its latest tool in combating gun-related crimes.

The media availability will be held at the HPD Property Room at 1202 Washington Avenue.

At that time, HPD and the ATF will introduce and demonstrate the capabilities of the National Integrated Ballistic Information Network (NIBIN) van. The van allows for the timely collection and comparison of ballistic evidence collected at firearms-related crime scenes.

Anybody know anything about this NIBIN van? What evidence can they collect that is more urgent than getting shell casings and removed bullets back to the crime lab? I mean doesn't examining a bullet for rifling marks and such only do one of two things, show that two bullets came from the same gun or that a bullet was fired from a specific gun, which would mean they'd have to have the gun to test fire? There's no rumors of BATF going to require all new guns submit a test fired round to the feds for examination to be put in a database like fingerprints is there? I'm obviously not clear on the concept and maybe need to do some Googling.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Well here's a quick overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5I3Ya25ig

I guess it makes more sense. Some. At $300K per van, your tax dollars at work while the justice system is a revolving door letting criminals back on the street to just steal or black market a different gun and do it again.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”